Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

gustherider
Journeyman III

Asus Prime X570 Motherboard Chipset Fan Behaviour

PLEASE HELP!

I have recently just built my first PC.... done it all correctly and everything turns on and works but haven't tested out on a monitor yet however, on the 'AMD Prime X570 motherboard' that i have it comes with an attached mini fan to the bottom right as you may have seen... this fan starts once the pc is turned on but then stops and doesn't come on again... is this normal or is it a malfunction within the motherboard?

0 Likes
1 Solution
vialli100
Forerunner

That will be the X570 chipset fan..

I have an Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus and the fan spins continuously..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I suggest you ask Asus Support that question.

Possibly the Motherboard VRM Fan has a Zero RPM feature where it will turn on at a certain temperature to maintain a quiet operation or it is supposed to be running 100% at the time but fan speed is controlled depending on the VRM temperature.

Only Asus can answer your question. I looked at a Prime X570 Board with an Active VRM cooling and it doesn't mention anything whether the fan should be running all the time or not.

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

That will be the X570 chipset fan..

I have an Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus and the fan spins continuously..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Just you telling me that it was called a chipset saved me... tried to look for its name in the manual but couldn't find anything, now i know it only turns on at a certain temperature if it gets too high. Thanks!

0 Likes