cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Adept III

AMD no WHQL ?

Why did AMD release another optional driver instead of WHQL ??? The last WHQL driver was on 5/10/2022

0 Likes
8 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Not sure why they haven't given us a WHQL driver, but I'm sure they have their reasons. My guess and hope is that we'll get a WHQL driver when the 7000 series launch. Can't speak for all, but 22.8.2 has been working fine for me thus far. I've only been using it for about two weeks now, however.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Anonymous
Not applicable

You dont need to wait for WHQL release.

6700xt working good with 22.8.2 here.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I get some troubles with DaVinci in non whql drivers.

Although I believe they fixed lots of things with the 22.8.2 including the davinci rendering issue. 

Had to revert back to whql for now. But as soon as I finish the current vídeo I may try the newer ones.

If all you do is gaming, I dont see any issues with the latest. 

The Englishman
0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

22.5.1 is the last good driver I have used on my AIB 6900 XT and everything else has driver corruption on grey overlay items when playing games.

Me too. Just tried 22.9.1 just now and the same problem exists. Input lag, stuttering and no matter how  max fps is set on FRTC, it's always about 10fps lower in game.

The only properly working driver for me is 22.5.1. Honestly, every newer driver than is bad.

PC build: 5800X3D, Asus C6H, 6800XT, NVMe, SSDs and HDDs, Creative SBX AE-5, LG 48-180Hz FS 1440p

Every Driver AMD released is fully tested. You can say is has WHQL quality.

I personally had no driver issues so far and i upgrade everytime a new driver is out., and so does my friend. Unknow for me what issues you guys have to stick on 22.5.1...

0 Likes

You don't seem to notice the known issues in the release log.

0 Likes

It seems that you can't read well. I quote myself : I PERSONALLY had no driver issues so far and i upgrade everytime a new driver is out.

It's not that you have a problem that everyone else has.
There will be always be an "know issues" list. 

0 Likes