Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

seco8
Journeyman III

AMD Micro Stutters

Hello,

I'm experiencing micro stutters in some video-games on my recently bought full AMD computer.

It happens in video-games like Paladins, Wreckfest, Heroes of the Storm, but other titles like Planetside 2 or Overwatch appear to run fine. Desktop performance runs fine aswel.

In the games that I'm having issues with, I managed to get some friends of mine with Intel + nVidia hardware combinations to test their performance and they had no issues to report.

I've been trying to fix this problem for over two weeks now with no success.

Main specs are:

Motherboard - MSI X570-A PRO

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU - MSI Mech OC RX 5700 XT (8GB DDR6)

RAM - GSKILL 3000mhz CL16 (16GB DDR4)

PSU - Seasonic S12II 620W (80+ Bronze)

Storage - SSD WD BLACK SN750 (500GB)

Some of the fix atempts were:

BIOS update;

XMP on and off testing;

SMT on and off testing;

Underclocking GPU;

Full format and instalation of Win10 (legit OS, not illegally cracked), followed by most recent motherboard chipset, sound and lan drivers, and most recent GPU drivers;

Full format and instalation of Win10 (legit OS, not illegally cracked), but this time I let windows 10 install all the drivers by himself through windows update;

Tried several combinations of radeon adrenelin 2020 edition software features such as anti-lag, chill, boost, etc. Also tried turning them all off;

Tried vsync on and off;

Tried freesync on and off;

Disabled instant-replay;

Changed Win10 power options to AMD High Performance profile;

Turned off Win10 fast-startup feature;

Disabled Win10 audio enhancements;

Unplugged most of my usb peripherals, leaving only the keyboard and mouse plugged in;

Tried a different high quality 1.4 Display Port cable;

Changed my mouse polish rate from 1000 to 500;

Disabled Win10 Game mode feature;

Disabled Cortana;

Disabled Radeon, Discord and Steam overlays;

Disabled Logitech Hub;

Checked my SSD health with Crystal Disk info software;

Checked both iddle and load cpu/gpu temperatures;

Tried all sorts of different video-game configurations;

Turned off Win10 mouse acceleration;

I probably tested more minor things but at this point I'm just going nuts and lost track.

Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

6 Replies

You did well to disable the game bar but disabling it does not disable all the registry keys that can help.

watch this video and try this" Tutorial to Fix Stuttering In Almost All PC Games Part II - YouTube 

seco8
Journeyman III

Thanks for your help, but it didn't fix it. I'm gonna assume, from the amount of people complaining about 5700XT issues, that it is a GPU driver problem. Hopefully they will fix it soon, if not I'm just gonna have to go nvidia since I never had problems with those.

It is very unfortunate that someone has to go through all of this troubleshooting after buying one of the most recent and powerful AMD GPU cards out there, yet struggle due to the lack of stability. It was my first AMD system and it felt like russian roulette.

I do not use the AMD chipset drivers as there some components that do not work right on my rig.

The ASmedia driver causes BSOD crashing but the stock driver is stable. That driver can from AMD so it would be nice if they fixed it as it currently spawns SCSIPORT.SYS errors.

I spent years tracking this down. It is not the only problem but it was the last straw for stability.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

20.9.2 was released yesteday and contains this fix which may help your issue. 

Fixed Issues

• Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-9-2 

Hello, have you managed to fix this by any chance?

0 Likes