cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

lildobber13
Journeyman III

AMD Eyefinity Custom Grouping in 2020

Many, many, many years ago I was able to create custom groups for Eyefinity monitors, this was necessary, as I would have three identical monitors that I would want to make one monitor, and then I'd have a larger television, that wouldn't be part of the Eyefinity setup. I recently got back into the AMD market with a RX 5700 XT, and overall I love it. However, the Radeon 2020 drivers are lacking quite a bit regarding Eyefinity. I currently have the following:

• 3 x 1080P 144hz Freesync monitors - All are the same model, and connected by Display Port
  • 1 x iBuyPower Snowblind Computer Case - This has the LCD display covering the windowed kit

What I'd like to do is use the three 1080P monitors in a single configuration of 5760 x 1080 at 144hz with Freesync enabled, and then have the Snowblind case, which runs at 1024 x 1280 at 60hz, since it's for graphic effects, and not for actual gaming.

However, if I enable Eyefinity, it expands it to all four monitors, and I cannot choose to remove the case from the Eyefinity selection. Is there anyway that I can do this? I noticed there aren't even advanced setting in Radeon 2020 anymore, so that's somewhat of a bummer.

I've tried going back to 2019 drivers, and even that is lacking the original grouping support. I've used third party services such as DisplayFusion, Start Is Back, etc. The only solution I've found is to unplug my case, and just use the three monitors in Eyefinity, and then when I want to go back to showing off my PC, I plug the cable back in. I feel like Eyefinity Grouping is necessary, any feedback?

0 Likes
1 Reply

This User found a work around to make Advanced Settings show up again: https://community.amd.com/message/2967814?commentID=2967814#comment-2967814 

0 Likes