cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Deserea
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin Rush Causing Stuttering

ive been gettin frame stuttering for the longest time now whenever i have amd adrenalin installed on my pc and i need it since i aspire to be a content creator. Ive enabled Rebar and SAM but it still stutters. I optimized my Settings and i play all games on the lowest settings. I changed my adrenalin rush version since even on the lastest version it still stutters so i changed it to 23.10.1 since its compatible and someone on a different post said it would fix it. here are my specs.

Ryzen 5-5500

RX 7600

16GB RAM 3200MHz

1TB

650W

thermalright assasin cpu cooler

Corsair 4000D Case

Asus TUF gaming A520M AM4 motherboard

Ill try anything to fix this as my content creation dream depends on it

2 Solutions
Jessie_Ross
Journeyman III

It sounds frustrating dealing with the stuttering, especially since it's affecting your content creation goals. I suggest doing a clean install of your AMD drivers using DDU to remove any remnants of old drivers, then reinstalling the version you're using. Make sure your BIOS and chipset drivers are updated, and check for any background processes that might be causing conflicts. You could also try disabling Rebar and SAM temporarily to see if that helps. Lastly, ensure your power plan is set to High Performance and that Windows Game Mode and Fullscreen Optimization are turned off. Hopefully, these steps help smooth things out!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
csweet
Journeyman III

I had a similar issue though different hardware(7800x3d, 7900xtx).
I was able to solve the issue by uninstalling AMD adrenalin and only install the drivers without adrenalin. 
If you can find an alternative to adrenalin it might be worth trying.
Let me know if you manage to find a fix that still uses adrenalin though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Jessie_Ross
Journeyman III

It sounds frustrating dealing with the stuttering, especially since it's affecting your content creation goals. I suggest doing a clean install of your AMD drivers using DDU to remove any remnants of old drivers, then reinstalling the version you're using. Make sure your BIOS and chipset drivers are updated, and check for any background processes that might be causing conflicts. You could also try disabling Rebar and SAM temporarily to see if that helps. Lastly, ensure your power plan is set to High Performance and that Windows Game Mode and Fullscreen Optimization are turned off. Hopefully, these steps help smooth things out!

0 Likes
csweet
Journeyman III

I had a similar issue though different hardware(7800x3d, 7900xtx).
I was able to solve the issue by uninstalling AMD adrenalin and only install the drivers without adrenalin. 
If you can find an alternative to adrenalin it might be worth trying.
Let me know if you manage to find a fix that still uses adrenalin though.

0 Likes