cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

staticuser
Journeyman III

After installing win7-catalyst-15.7.1-oct30 catalyst software my pc cant reproduce any video either with VLC nor with Windows Media Player.I have a AMD Radeon HD 6530D

After installing whql-win8.1-win7-catalyst-15.7.1-oct30 Catalyst software my pc lost the ability to reproduce any video neither with VLC nor with Windows Media Player. I downloaded the driver from AMD´s web page, the one specifically for APU´s with a AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics.

My pc is running windows 7, has a APU 6 chipset with the gpu being a AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics. For those that do not know what I am talking about the APU is an old chipset that houses in one unit the CPU and the GPU.

0 Likes
2 Replies

So go back to the 15.7.1 WHQL. You will need to upgrade your entire PC by the end of the year as Windows 7 will reach end of life on January 1st.

0 Likes

I need to clarify. Before any problem occurred I thought that installing this recommended software: radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-19.9.1-minimalsetup-190904_web was going to help my pc stay up to date. It is after this installation that the problems begun and my pc couldnt reproduce any video either with VLC nor with Windows Media Player. That is why I wenrt to  AMD web page again and instead of this sort of generic automate driver installation I searched for the specific driver for my APU unit, downloaded it and installed after removing completely the previous installation. However the problem persisted.

So you can see how your reply doesn't help me much because you are saying that i have to uninstall the driver and reinstall the same one? What for?

0 Likes