cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ShampoTanker
Journeyman III

Adrenalin (21.10.01) crasing with Alt+Tab from any game

Alt-Tab freezes the PC when switching from any game (full screen or windowed mode) and Adrenalin stops working as well overlay. No way to recover it with CTRL+Alt+Canc. Already reported to AMD. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Download the 21.10.1 and better DDD or amdcleanuputily, deactivate the network card (device manager) Windows Update and uninstall the automatic detection. In Safe Mode then remove and restart all graphics drivers and only install the driver without the adrenaline software. Then restart and activate the network card. This is the procedure for problems with the AMD Radeon driver. Instead of adrenaline, I use the MSI Afterburner, which is significantly easier to handle than the overloaded, confusing AMD software. You can query your manufacturer-specific graphics card data under Lookup with GPU-Z and configure it accordingly in Afterburner and test it for stability with FurMark. This is how it works best with my RX5700XT.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Download the 21.10.1 and better DDD or amdcleanuputily, deactivate the network card (device manager) Windows Update and uninstall the automatic detection. In Safe Mode then remove and restart all graphics drivers and only install the driver without the adrenaline software. Then restart and activate the network card. This is the procedure for problems with the AMD Radeon driver. Instead of adrenaline, I use the MSI Afterburner, which is significantly easier to handle than the overloaded, confusing AMD software. You can query your manufacturer-specific graphics card data under Lookup with GPU-Z and configure it accordingly in Afterburner and test it for stability with FurMark. This is how it works best with my RX5700XT.

Thanks for your reply! All the steps are basically clear, Windows updates are already manual.

About disabling the the automatic detection after that, is the following the correct procedure?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prevent-automatic-driver-installation-in-windows-10/ 

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

MBR

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually thought you had the AMD tool, but you can do that too, because the Microsoft AMD graphics driver does not work with the Radeon driver. I just had to reinstall 10/21/1 as described. Because I had the Aorus engine installed, the problems increased. Anyway, I suspect that the AMD Radeon graphics driver is not static, but optimizes itself until problems arise.

0 Likes