Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

stolica
Journeyman III

Adding new RAM

Hey, i have a little confusing problem.

Today i bought another 2 sticks of memory, and now i have 4x8gb ram 3000 mhz (G.SKILL). Problem is that when i'm running any game (GTA or League of Legends) after not specified time it's giving me blue screen and bios is restarting, reseting my system time and other options.

I don't know what is problem, there are my specs:
Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

RAM: 4x8gb G.SKILL Aegis

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC Windforce

Power Supply: Vero L2 600W

0 Likes
17 Replies

Did you purchase the exact G-SKILL RAM Part number or are the P/N different for all 4 modules?

It is always best when upgrading System RAM to purchase an entire kit of RAM modules that you will be using to prevent incompatible RAM issues.

Did you check with your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM MEMORY for your Processor to see if it is compatible with both your Motherboard and CPU?

If it isn't listed than go to G-SKILL and see if your RAM is listed as being compatible with your motherboard.

Remove the 2 new RAM Sticks and see if the BSOD and crashes continues. If it doesn't that would indicate the the RAM you purchased is not 100% compatible with the RAM you have installed.

I have the same RAM's i checked it and on the list i see this RAM's too

stolica_0-1692720861982.png

0 Likes

Don't know where that list is from, but no aegis is listed on official gigabyte QVL.

4 stick use is limited to some specific make/models only according to their QVL.

Also g-skill QVL has no B450 boards listed.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

But to this day, i had 2 sticks of aegis RAM, and after adding another 2 problem shows up.

0 Likes

@stolica wrote:

But to this day, i had 2 sticks of aegis RAM, and after adding another 2 problem shows up.

I think you got the correct answer from @goodplay.

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

Many Motherboards doesn't support 4 sticks of RAM Memory for certain RAM Part Numbers. That is why you need to go to your Motherboard's QVL LIST for RAM MEMORY for your Processor to see if it shows in the list that it is compatible with 4 Dimm slots or just 2 Dimm slots on your motherboard.

NOTE: You last reply indicates that your motherboard doesn't support 4 Dimm Slots for your RAM Part number and it causing incompatibility issues while installed.

0 Likes
Hiramabiff
Adept III

Did you clear your cmos? 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
0 Likes

Yeah, firstly i thought it's because of battery, but i bought new one and it's still crashing after time in the game

0 Likes

I read something on other pages and i saw that maybe lowering mhz to 2933 will help.. Can it actual help in that problem? Because when i am using XMP profile it's giving me 3000mhz automatically.

0 Likes

It isn't working btw. I checked it and it still crashing after couple of time in the game. I don't know what to do.

0 Likes

I did windows memory test too, and it hasn't showed anything. 

0 Likes

When I upgraded my ram. I had similar issues.  I cleared cmos, placed my ram in my bios to default.  Then it booted up and was stable.  I ran several stress tests on it to make sure the ram took.  Also make sure your ram is in the correct slots.  Do you have 2 sticks or 4? After I was confident my ram took I changed in my bios from 2133 to 3600 and have had no issues. 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
0 Likes

I had 2 sticks but yesterday I bought another 2 sticks to upgrade it, but problem shows up. If i don't turn on XMP profile in BIOS it only shows 16gb RAM, but when i turn it on, after couple of time in game it crashing my computer and restarting bios, even my time in computer is restarting.

0 Likes

It might not be compatible with your motherboard.  

Oorado
Adept I

https://www.gskill.com/configurator?page=6&cls=1529635169&manufacturer=1524715126&chipset=1531906846...),

G.Skills compatibility tool shows some Aegis RAM is compatible with your motherboard in 2x8gb - although not a 3000MHz model, so maybe you've been lucky to have no problems until now.

However, no Aegis RAM is compatible in 4x8gb - so I would review your purchase of 2 extra sticks, or your motherboard, if it were me.

Was this of any use to you @stolica?

0 Likes
YUSUKE
Adept I

Your other 2 slots might be having issues. might just have to get larger ram and stick to dual over quad channel. 

0 Likes