cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

DeezWhat
Journeyman III

7900xt and 7950x Crashing nonstop

I just recently built a full AMD build with an xfx 7900 xt and Ryzen 9 7950x cpu, and man it has been nothing but issues. I have built multiple intel/nvidia systems and overclocked them without issues, but this AMD build seems to crash regardless of the situation. 

So initially I thought maybe it was my ram, but I switched it out for some 5600mhz corsair AMD expo ready sticks. Still crashing like crazy. I tried using AMD Adrenaline to auto-overclock, crashes immediately. Tried AMD Ryzen Master, crashes immediately. Tried turning off every little bit of overclocking and doing a full reset and clean install of windows, but you guessed it...random crashing. 

After updating the bios and reinstalling drivers still didn't fix my issue I have run out of options, any help in this regard would be a huge help. I am highly debating returning all of this hardware for a much more reliable setup. 

Full setup specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950x

XFX Speedster 7900xt 

Asus TUF X670E plus wifi Motherboard  

Corsair 32 gb Vengence AMD Expo Ready

Artic Liquid Freezer II 360

SMD 1050watt Gold power supply 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Crawnick
Adept I

Where exactly is it crashing? Just trying to gather details if this is upon boot of the PC it doesn't get to windows or if it's during gaming?

0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, 

Most crashes happen randomly during usage, not specific to gaming although it has happened. A specific example of a bluescreen crash was while I was baking lighting in unity. Otherwise, it seems random.

After some crashes, windows won't boot for the first restart but will boot fine on the second try.  

0 Likes
TheEmeraldGamer
Journeyman III

I have about the same setup, except I have a 7900 XTX, and my computer did crash after trying to curve optimize in Ryzen Master.

It also crashes if I turn on AI overclock optimization on my ASUS motherboard.

However, I do not see crashing if I overclock in adrenalin.

0 Likes

What kind of speeds are you gaining from Adrenalin? Mine were minimal when it would actually run.

0 Likes
Xt
Adept I

Crashing you mean when is overclocked?

First set all to default and stress test first to make sure .........

0 Likes