cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

doctorx99
Journeyman III

6900xt Issue or audio interface?

Hello all, I recently installed my Sapphire Toxic 6900xt a few weeks ago and I have been progressively having more and more issues. It started with a simple audio bug where i unplugged my audio interface, reconnected it, and my entire system froze and had to be hard shut down. Following this event, my audio will glich out with a bunch of static as if everything I am hearing is through a haze. it has been simple fix of unplugging and replugging in my audio interface, and resetting it, and it fixes itself. With the freeze glitch I had, (and before) I have had small screen glitch/audio glitches where my screens will freeze for a second and my audio will last the same. Tonight it got to the point in my game where it would need to be reset every two minutes or so where my audio would be about 2-3 seconds delayed, the static/underwater sound, my teammates hearing my system tanki out and hearing the same buzz when I would disconnect the interface, and the game freezing/glitching out with sound and video. I am running the following 
6900xt Sapphire Toxic
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI X570 Gaming Edge Pro Wifi
Corsair Vengeance 8gb ramx4 

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 850W

NZXTx53 CPU cooler

Audio interface is a 3rd gen Focusrite Solo Scarlett

I am using PC cooler power supply RGB cables for motherboard, and a similar RGB PSU cable for the GPU. 

I didn't have these issues prior to this card. I used to have a 5700xt that was modified to have a nzxtx53 mounted to it and it worked great, but I upgraded to a professionally made liquid cooled GPU and have been having issues. I have noticed the audio glitches typically happen a second or two after the game freezes. Sometimes my whole setup flickers with it. The game I have been playing is Destiny 2. I havent explicitly tried other games, as I initially thought my external Mechanical hard drive was tanking, but I put a new 2tb ssd in today and it has never been this bad. I may uninstall and reinstall the game. I did update EVERY driver in the system regardless of it being AMD, Focusrite, or anything else. 

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Hello, maybe the problem is in the Focusrite Solo Scarlett 3 sound card (there are too many bad reviews about the software and about the work in general), maybe it's the drivers or on the sound or video card, if possible, check the sound card on another system. Try different drivers on the sound card, maybe you will pick up which do not conflict with other drivers or with the operating system)

0 Likes

Ill plug it into my laptop here and try running it through a similar situation and see what happens here. I posted on a Focusrite reddit group here as well to see if they have any suggestions with it too. I had to uninstall and reinstall the program for the scarlett as well

0 Likes