General Discussions

FamousMody
Journeyman III

5900x on Rog Strix x570 and DOCP problems

Hi all

- 5900x
- X570 Rog Strix
-Viper 3600 CL18

The first time I activated the DOCP everything went perfectly, I even brought the RAM frequency to 3733mts (without touching the timings) and it quietly closed a couple of cinebench sessions and, above all, memory tests on occt .. .then I tried to lightly touch the cas latency timing but it didn't boot anymore and I had to reset the CMOS...from that moment it doesn't let me boot even with the simple DOCP, only with basic frequencies of 2666... what can it be? Did I fry something?

0 Likes
1 Reply
MADZyren
Paragon

Theoretically possible. Highly unlikely.

I have encountered strange behaviour like this sometimes. You think you have returned everything to normal and things should work as they used to, but don't. But then something like doing the same reset again, or waiting for a while or whatever, seems to fix it.

I would:

1) Unplug computer from wall socket and wait for a good while (make sure every LED on your motherboard goes dark and then count to ten)
2) Clear cmos and wait... Unplug battery or keep the pins connected or push the button (depending on your motherboards feature) for a long time... maybe do it twice.
3) Go to BIOS at first boot. If you had secure boot enable or fTPM, select those, but leave EVERYTHING else alone and simply boot the machine. For some Windows safety features, you might need to have CPU virtualization setting On (if you had it On before...). At this stage, DO NOT enable XMP/DOCP/undervolt/overclock/anything.
4) Boot machine at as vanilla as possible.
5) Restart, let it boot. Shutdown.
6) Enable XMP/DOCP
7) Boot

ok?

Try other settings.

0 Likes