cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

gauravsahare27
Journeyman III

4K videos playing problem

I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo V145-15AST running Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition November Update 2019, I installed Media Player Classic to play videos well, but cannot playing 4K videos properly, other videos are playing well.

0 Likes
7 Replies

you laptop is only 1920x1080 so use standard blueray and not UHD video

0 Likes

The world of technology is smarter then our think, I agree that my laptop support 1920x1080 so that AMD does not play UHD videos in Windows, but if you install Linux, then you can play UHD videos in Full HD compatible devices without any problem, 1st I tested then I replied. that means AMD has ability to handle, because some software can boost quality playing. That's why 3rd party thinks are somewhat better.

0 Likes

try VLC which as better video support

0 Likes

Do you have a 4k monitor? Isn't that required?

Lenovo,Lenovo V145-15AST,Model:81MT0000LM 

0 Likes

Good question. A lot of 4k content has DRM requirements and checking for those requirements is often what will keep content from playing if it does not meet the criteria. 

0 Likes

It sure would cut down the number of 4k monitors and tv's sold if you could watch 4k videos/applications with a regular 1366 x 768 laptop screen.

0 Likes
kenyomurabu
Adept II

How positive are you? That you are able to watch 4K Content without Windows running, you said it works 
from within Linux... 

Do you have anything to show Proof of this? I'm not saying your lying, I was just curious 
what your picture looks like at 4K from screens that are not actually 4K capable? 

Can you get pictures (Such as ones that sorta show what i've listed below for 4K)
or at least Close to it? Or is it only Emulated, or sorta fake 4K, or possibly even
Upscaled? 

-------------------------------------

As far as i'm aware of, until buying a better 4K Capable Setup myself... 

4K / 8K / 16K is about 

- Zoom Capabilities (Getting Closer To Images for better Editing) 
- Sharper Details (Much cleaner & Clearer Picture) (I Favor Sharpness Here Over 1080P So Far) 
- HDR & Deep Color = 8 Million or even just More Colors on Screen is Debatable (This either Exists & Does Not Exist) 
- Allowing more content on Screen at once, without the loss of Details (More Soldiers On The Battlefield Of War) 
- At least 30 FPS, Takes a lot to get 60 FPS, & Very Hard To Get 120 & 144 FPS 
- Real Time Raytracing At 8K (Almost Impossible To get 60 FPS, Even At 30 FPS) 
- 16K Is Unknown Yet (Probably Handled By Cloud Server Based Environments) 
- In Windows = HVEC & Such Other Encoders / Decoders Are Required To Run This Content 

1080P is more about 

- Colors & Detail work Warm Vivid Colors, better looking Videos & Games
(Not As Sharp, Nor Clean Visuals Though) (I Favor Colors Here Over 4K So Far) 
- Someone lot of things on Screen, Wider View 
- Loss Of Details in Crowded Areas
(At least 30 FPS, Up To 60 FPS, Maxing at Unlimited FPS) 

720P is more about 

- Large Visuals on Screen Such as People To make up for lack of Details 
- Better On Eyes (Less Strain) 
- Larger Text 
- Less Things On Screen 
- Can't Crowd Areas (With Lack Of Picture Sizes) 
- 60 FPS (Always) 

Lower Resolutions 

- Lack Of Colors (No Warm, Nor Cold Colors, More Faded & Dull Colors Are Present) 
- Pixelated 
- No Sharpness 
- Blurry & Hazy 
- Lines can be Present, & not good 
- Poor Video Footage 
- Cinematic Games look somewhat ok 
- 60 FPS (Always)