cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pengguna_AMD
Adept I

4 GB embedded RAM+8 GB dual chanel ram

so I have a laptop with 4 gb ram embedded, and I have added 8 gb (dual channel) ram, so I have a laptop with 4 GB RAM embedded, and I have added 8 GB () RAM, in CPU-Z it says FSB: DRAM asynch, will that reduce the performance of my laptop??cpu-z.png

0 Likes
7 Replies
pengguna_AMD
Adept I

and the 8 gb ram is dual chanel

0 Likes

You should check with the laptop maker support for upgrade paths on what add-in memory is compatible.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

In asus website its say my laptop is compatible up to 12 gb

0 Likes

First all your RAM will run at the fastest speed of the slowest Ram installed. So if the 4GB RAM is slower than the 8GB Ram you installed all will run at the 4GB speed.

I believe that 4GB of the 8GB of RAM will run in Dual Channel with the laptop's embedded 4GB of RAM if they are compatible. That would leave 4 GB of RAM running in Single Channel.

As mentioned by another User you need to check to make sure the RAM you add is 100% compatible with the laptop's embedded 4GB RAM.

0 Likes

the ram I bought was a kingston fury impact 8 gb 2400mhz, and on the website it has a plug n play feature, and it has a plug n play feature, it should be suitable for my laptop

0 Likes

No you need to check your Laptop's Support site to find out which RAM is compatible with your laptop or google your laptop Model for RAM memory upgrade.

You will probably find links to RAM Manufacturers that shows compatible RAM for your specific laptop.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

It not uncommon for the FSB:DRAM to be asynchronous, ie. not a 1:1 ratio with the CPU memory controller or uncore.

However the screenshot you posted shows the memory running at only 400MHz. When you captured that the laptop may have been in a low-power idle state? Try running a program load on the CPU and see if the number increases. If the memory is running at DDR4-2400 it should show 1200MHz DRAM Frequency.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes