Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

elexcer
Adept I

2 GPU (RX and WX)

Hey Guys,

I need some assistance. I have these 2 GPUs, RX 5500xt (Games) and WX 5100 (CAD). I know they can work on one driver, AMD Multi-GPU driver and switch to game mode and work mode.

The question is how do I connect the monitors? Do I connect each monitor, individually? Do I connect 2 monitors on one GPU and switch them when I’m working or gaming?

One more thing is, how’s the performance by using the Multi-GPU Driver?

My Build:

Asus ROG Crosshair Viii X570 (Wifi)

Ryzen 9 3900X

Kraken X73

G.Skill 32GB 3200MHz CL16

Radeon RX 5500XT

Radeon WX 5100

Corsair RM850x

Fractal Design Meshify S2

Let me know.

Thanks!

8 Replies

There are a few here that have multiple cards installed. Windows 10 supports as many cards as slots are available.

0 Likes

I have seen them but it's quite different from what I am trying to do. Usually, people have 2 Gaming GPUs installed. I have 1 RX 5500XT and 1 WX 5100.

That doesn't answer my question though hardcoregames™‌.

How would I work with my monitors? with the 2 GPUs? Do I connect one monitor, individually, to one GPU? or do I put all the monitors on which GPU/Mode I am on?

0 Likes

use the rx 5500 xt for the display the wx5100 can be a secondary card

0 Likes
elexcer
Adept I

Asus ROG Crosshair Viii X570 (Wifi)

Ryzen 9 3900X

Kraken X73

G.Skill 32GB 3200MHz CL16

Radeon RX 5500XT

Radeon WX 5100

Corsair RM850x

Fractal Design Meshify S2

As billy72 mentioned Multi-GPU works only on identical GPUs and you have to have supported application for it. 

If that's the case, then Switching modes (Work Mode / Gaming mode) on the driver is useless then?

and what you're saying is.. I can only do is plug what GPU I have to use? so how about the driver? is like Nvidia that only works on one? like GeForce and Quadro Experiences are different from each other?

0 Likes

Of course I am aware that I am not doing any Crossfire, since it’s not a Identical GPUs.

0 Likes

If you are doing rendering in Blender etc it can use a secondary card fine

0 Likes