cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

yoli711
Journeyman III

Windows 11 integrity for AMD A8-7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphic

Is anything being done to certify the CPU for Windows 11?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Need to contact Microsoft Support to answer your question.

as of this moment Non-Ryzen/Athon processors are not listed as being compatible. But that might change as Windows 11 Insider Users tests many Non-Ryzen/Athlon processors in which Microsoft might find to be compatible and include it in the CPU Support list for Windows 11.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Need to contact Microsoft Support to answer your question.

as of this moment Non-Ryzen/Athon processors are not listed as being compatible. But that might change as Windows 11 Insider Users tests many Non-Ryzen/Athlon processors in which Microsoft might find to be compatible and include it in the CPU Support list for Windows 11.

Thank you for your answer. It gives me some hope that I can keep my PC for a longer period of time. I’m sure that AMD will do anything they can in the interest of their customers. Let’s wait and see.

0 Likes

It looks like Microsoft with AMD has already determined that any ZEN/ZEN-1 processor will not be supported by Windows 11 from this very recent Tech article:

Found this recent Tech article concerning Windows 11 Processor requirements: https://redmondmag.com/articles/2021/08/27/windows-11-processor-requirements.aspx

"Windows 11 Processor Support
Microsoft generally won't support upgrades to Windows 11 on machines with seventh-generation processors, except for two processors built by Intel. Those supported processors include:

In a fit of luck, the seventh-generation Intel processor that's used with the Microsoft Surface Studio 2 PC product made Microsoft's short list for Windows 11 support.

Microsoft also indicated that it had checked with AMD on whether Windows 11 could run on first-generation AMD Zen processors, but concluded they weren't supported.

Essentially, just two exceptions on the processor side were added to Microsoft's initial Windows 11 minimum hardware requirements described in June. The other hardware requirements remain the same as Microsoft's initial June description."

0 Likes
Roger0072
Adept II

Yeah I have a similar issue from my 7th gen Intel, Microsoft is only supporting the 7th gen chips they put in their Surface devices, but oddly the other 7th gen are not "safe" for the modern era.  Well, time for Ryzen (which had just come out when I built my current machine)

0 Likes

I too switched from 7th gen intel to Ryzen. 

0 Likes