cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

lucky71
Adept I

Will the 6500xt have an 8GB version?

I have an rx570, I don't think it's worth considering an 6500xt unless there is an 8GB version (6gb atleast). Will this card have options like from previous generations?

1 Solution
CosmicV
Adept I

I really do hope so (once stock is no longer an issue), however I believe this is meant as a lower performance card (and thus lower MSRP).

Also, any graphics card that has over 4.5 GB of VRAM can be used for mining ETH which would mean it would be scooped up by miners (or sold directly to miners by AIBs --if they do that sort of thing). It would be much more 'in demand' and so scalpers would also buy them up and jack up the prices.

Unfortunately this is the state of things until supply reaches or surpasses demand (and it may be a while for that to happen for various reasons).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CosmicV
Adept I

I really do hope so (once stock is no longer an issue), however I believe this is meant as a lower performance card (and thus lower MSRP).

Also, any graphics card that has over 4.5 GB of VRAM can be used for mining ETH which would mean it would be scooped up by miners (or sold directly to miners by AIBs --if they do that sort of thing). It would be much more 'in demand' and so scalpers would also buy them up and jack up the prices.

Unfortunately this is the state of things until supply reaches or surpasses demand (and it may be a while for that to happen for various reasons).

randycool279
Adept I

As cosmic said, most likely not to prevent ETH miners from grabbing this up. Just have to wait couple more years for a normal prodc

Roger0072
Adept II

i feel seen. (also rocking an RX570 8gb)