cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

why are games for windows stuttering

I got a new graphics card like 2 years ago and since i use windows it has been poor for me, like mostly every game stutters, even though it shouldn't, games like beamng, dying light, riders republic, SnowRunner, i had the gtx 1660 and it didn't stutter at all, and now i have rx 6700 xt and it stutters, My whole pc specs are Rx 6700 XT, Ryzen 7 5800X and Ab350m motherboard with 16gb of ram with the speed of 3000, i have tried a lot of things, like everything i found in google didnt find anything that helped, i am tired of this, if anyone wants a video or any more context or ANYTHING, just ask me, Thank you. (Edit: I had linux with my current pc and all issues are fixed in linux, but linux is not my type of OS) sorry for bad english

6 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It could be related to a few settings in the BIOS of the motherboard.  You might try disabling fTPM and secure boot and see if that works.  Read more here.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

It didn't work unfortunately 

Check your motherboard's website for updated drivers (not just BIOS, but chipset drivers and such).  Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for all your hardware.  Sometimes issues go away with updated chipset drivers.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

i have tried that aswell, doesnt work

Try a different display port cable (maybe borrow one from a friend to try) and try different ports on the RX 6700 XT.  Check the BIOS to see if you have the PCIe slot set to 4.0 instead of the default 3.0.

yeah  4.0 is on, didnt work unfortunately,