cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

What is one Video Game that you will never play again?

Partially inspired by @Robbert and NZXT.

As the title says, What is one Video Game that you will never play again?

This could be for a variety of reasons: Fun, Difficulty, Length etc...

For me, and I recognize this might cause a stir, but it is Diablo 2.

I may be far too spoiled by the progress of modern gaming, but Diablo 2 just has no fun in it for me. I played the remaster, having only slightly touched the original game back in the day - and I just couldn't spend more than an hour on it before getting incredibly frustrated and bored.

So, what about you? What is one of the games you have played but will just say NO to playing again?

Rule: You must have played the game at least once. I.e - I've never played Fortnite, so although I have no intention of ever playing it, I can't list it as my game.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
15 Replies
Robbert
Adept III

Knowing how Mass Effect 3 ends, I don't know if I ever could get myself to play it again. It's just so sad... Though I recently got myself to play RDR2 again, and I know how that one ends. 

Re D2 - I feel you, the genre has progressed so much, and though it was the pinnacle of the genre at the time, in my humble opinion, it just doesn't hold up to the games that are out now. (controversial opinion I know haha)

Cool idea for a topic!

Mass Effect 3 for sure.  Not because of how it ends, but how it essentially just tossed the story from the first two brilliant games in the dumpster.

XelaVo581
Adept II

fallout, too open world with no direct story line, or i was just too young to understand what to do

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts

EVE Online for the same reasons. Too open and didn't know what I was doing.

ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Any game with pay to win mechanics. 

For me the main game is World of Warships.

It is frustratingly slow to progress beyond WW1 era ships and the XP you do receive even in a good game is insulting at best. There is also the fact that a lot of the games promoters have left over ongoing personal and legal issues.

If a video game causes legal issues through their own greed and incompetence it's clear that game should fail. 

German_AC
Adept II

I will never play again any Indy Car game made by Codemasters. I don't know if it was bad luck but the only one I tried once was horribly arcade. It was a joke. I don't even remember what year it was.

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.
Chotch
Adept II

Bioshock, I played the first one and didn't really care to play any of the others.

Olemissrebel
Adept II

Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter mode (pvp).. sadly, they retired it last September. I know there was a lot to complain about for some, but I had played it daily for a year and a half leading up to its demise. The community was made of pretty awesome people in rl.  A lot of us are now playing cod, bf2042, apex, or whatever pops up. As for other games I've stopped playing.. anything like Final Fantasty online, etc. Basically, any game that becomes like a second job. There are tasty beverages to drink at a neighbor's house, etc. Gotta get some sun, ya know?

Nuclear winter was surprisingly fun for what it was. I hope Bethesda brings it back soon. 

lowteck
Miniboss

According to my Steam Library, I haven't played Blacklight Retribution since 2014???

But I'm more of the mindset of "never say never"

Perhaps I will re-install and play one last match...

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...

For me it is StarForge, it seemed to have some promise. It was a voxel based sci-fi sandbox game  you could build and survive with alien creatures attacking you and your base. But the devs dropped the game and stopped updating it at all. 

I’ve hoped that it and some other abandoned games would go open source and that some new dev or community would continue the work… sadly doesn’t happen too often. 

m888
Adept I

Outlast. Even though I have the Whistleblower DLC I barely made it through the main game.

FFXIV, the queue times have become ludicrous. The best I have seen as of late when i try to log on in the evenings is a queue 500+ deep. I cant sit queued all night waiting to get in game lol.

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans

@jd63636 wrote:

FFXIV, the queue times have become ludicrous. The best I have seen as of late when i try to log on in the evenings is a queue 500+ deep. I cant sit queued all night waiting to get in game lol.

Oh man, that really is the worst when it comes to games. Sometimes the game itself is great, but how can you enjoy it if you can't even get in?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
red5
Miniboss

World of Warcraft. More like a 2nd job than a game. I started in 2005 when my brother introduced me to the game. He quit playing about a year later, but by that time my oldest son was hooked and I kept playing.  Early on I had some fun, but for the most part it was just one big carrot on a stick. I wish I could get back even just half the time I spent playing that game.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN