cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What Game Should I Buy Next?

So far this year I have completed several games. I beat The Ascent, Cyberpunk 2077, Diablo II Resurrected, Inside, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Spider-Man Remastered, Doom, Ghost Runner, and Metro 2033. I just bought A Plague Tale: Requiem, because the first game was awesome. Based on the games I have played this year what do you think I should play after the new A Plague Tale game?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
32 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

for honor

ryse son of rome

ori and the blind forest

ori and will of the wisps

hades

I think I might try the Ori series. Just something to relax and do some platforming. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

Finished Farcry 6, Horizon Zero Dawn and some others this year

In future:

Uncharted

Hoping for Horizon Forbidden West for PC

Waiting for:

Crysis 4 though I wasn't so impressed with previous ones
The Invincible
Instinction
The next Tomb Raider

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I just noticed that Epic gave me the whole recent Tomb Raider trilogy. I might give that a shot.

0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

I've been having a ton of fun with Asterigos!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

This looks amazing. I like the art style a lot. I'll have to wishlist this for sure.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Hunt:Showdown

ThreeDee PC specs
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I have heard about Hunt: Showdown. What is the basic premise?

Great video that explains Hunt:Showdown way better than I ever could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hezc93gxr6c

ThreeDee PC specs
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

That seems intense. I will definitely give it a try if it goes on a decent sale.

0 Likes
PersonaFPS
Adept II

I love to switch it up, I’ve been waiting for the new final fantasy so right now I am just waiting for Pokémon to come out. I’m ready for a really good story driven game. 

If you haven't tried A Plague Tale: Innocence, you should. It is awesome.

0 Likes

I'm new to Final Fantasy, but I jumped into the FF 7 remake earlier this year. I had a lot of fun with it!

0 Likes
Youareanerd
Adept I

Tactics ogre

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Anything that will test RDNA performance!

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Maybe Deathloop? I have it, and its another playart or gameart. I like it! The gameplay was refreshing for me! 

0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Because of Halloween, I started a Resident Evil kick. I beat RE 8 the week of Halloween (I honestly was a big fan of it even though I know some people had their personal opinions about it), and I'm getting through the Resident Evil 2 remake now. I just got through Leon's story and am playing through Claires. After this, I'll jump into the RE 3 Remake. 

These were games I missed out on because I was too chicken as a kid 😂, so it's great to go back now and have a lot of fun and jumps with them.

Once I beat 2 and 3, I may try getting back into RE 7. That one scared the pants off me though the first time I tried playing it on release... so hopefully I'll be braver this time around 🤣

I was too scared to play them as a kid too. I remember the one with the president's daughter, and the one based in what I think was Africa but I don't think I played those until I was late in my teens. I was a wuss about horror games. I still kind of am. I have quite a few games that Epic gave me for the free game every week and I haven't touched them. I might make a list of what I have and see what people suggest. I have over 100 games on Epic that I never touched because I only ever used the Epic launcher for Fortnite and Civilization.

0 Likes
Lullaby
Journeyman III

My choices: Deathloop, Red Dead Redemption 2 (not Red Dead Online, only Story and Challenges)

I will wait for Starfield 🙂

0 Likes
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Have you ever played Hallow Knight?! 

This game will always be a top favorite of mine. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Hollow Knight is on my Steam wishlist for sure.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

So, I did it. I made a list of all the games I have been given on Epic. Here it is. I should probably play some of these before I throw money at more games. LOL

20XX
3 out of 10: Season 2
A GoT the Board Game
AER
Alient Isolation
Amnesia the Dark Descent
Amnesia Rebirth
Among Us
Ancient Enemy
Ark
Barony
Bioshock 2 Remastered
Bioshock Infinite Complete Edition
Bioshock Remastered
Blair Witch
Borderlands 2
Borderlands 3
Borderlands the Presequel
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018
Cities Skylines
City of Brass
Control
Cook, Serve, Delicious 3
Crashlands
Creature In the Well
Crying Suns
Dandara Trials of Fear Edition
Darkest Dungeon
Darkwood
Darq Complete Edition
Dead By Daylight
Death Coming
Defense Grid: the Awakening
Delores: A Thimbleweed Park mini Adventure
Demon's Tilt
Deponia the Complete Journey
Destiny 2
Doom 64
Enter the Gungeon
Evoland Legendary Edition
Fall Guys
Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition
Filament
Football Manager 2022
For the King
Fortnite
Frostpunk
Galactic Civilizations 3
Geneforge 1: Mutagen
Genshin Impact
Gloomhaven
God's Trigger
Godfall
Gonner
GTA V
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hand of Fate 2
Hell Is Other Demons
Hood Outlaws and Legends
Hue
Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms
In Sound Mind
Inside
Into the Breach
Iratus Lord of The Dead
Jurassic World Evolution
Just Cause 4
Just Die Already
Ken Follett's The Pillars of The Earth
Kid Amnesia Exhibition
Killing Floor 2
Knockout City
Lawn Mowing Simulator
Lifeless Planet
Mages of Mystralia
MTG Arena
Magic Legends
Man Eater
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light Redux
My Time in Portia
NBA 2K 21
Never Alone
Next Up Hero
Night In the Woods
Nioh
New'n'Tasty! Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Overcooked! 2
Paradigm
Pathway
PC Building Simulator 2
Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition
Pine
Prison Architect
Railway Empite
Relicta
Remnant From the Ashes
Ring of Pain
Rise of The Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
Riverbond
Rocket League
Rumbleverse
Runbow
Saints Row the Third Remastered
Samurai Showdown Neogeo Collection
Saturnalia
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Sheltered
Shop Titans
Civilization 6
Sludge Life
Solitairica
Speed Brawl
Spellbreak
Spirit of the North
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Complete Edition
Stranded Deep
Stranger Things 3 The Game
Submerged Hidden Depths
Sunless Sea
Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP
Supraland
Surviving Mars
Tacoma
Tales of the Neon Sea
Tannenberg
Terraforming Mars
Tharsis
The Alto Collection
The Captain
The Drone Racing League Simulator
The Escapists 2
The Fall
The First Tree
The Lion's Song
The Long Dark
The Textorcist
theHunter: Call of the Wild
Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep: A Wonderland's One-shot Adventure
ToeJam & Earl Back in the Groove!
Tomb Raider
Torchlight 2
Total War Warhammer
Trackmania
Tropico 5
Tyranny
Unrailed
Vampyr
Video Horror Society
Void Bastards
Wargame
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus
Watchdogs
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine
While True: Learn()
Wolfenstein the New Order
Wonderboy the Dragons Trap
Yooka-Laylee
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Well... guess you have to start at the top! 😂 

My favorites off this list: Alien Isolation, Amnesia the Dark Descent, Bioshock Infinite, Control, Maneater, Rocket League, and Torchlight 2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks sick.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to play it, cant wait for release and it should be soon. I wait for field of glory kingdoms too.

Justifier
Challenger

I played " outer worlds " on Xbox pass not too long ago before I canceled, it was a great storyline, quad playthrough to get each of the 3 main story paths + 1 to figure out what they are.

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

How do you all feel about Sonic: Frontiers? Has anyone played it yet? 

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

If you have ever been to New York Spiderman remastered is a kick. the empire state building observatory is eerily similar to real life as is most of the city.  I like Assassins' creed games for the same reason(maps true to places).  Hades is good. 

"Metal Hellsinger" is good ...like doom and beatsaber had a gnarly uncle with Motorhead stickers and a checkered past. made me giddy for about 45 minutes anyway. kinda short game but fun.

I beat Spider-Man Remastered recently. It was awesome. I have Metal Hellsinger in my wishlist. It looks brutal. 

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

no ones said Red Dead Redemption 2.  That might be the greatest story ever told in media and I read Chaucer at 12.  The game plays like grand theft auto in the west but the story is platinum, it is amazing.  Grand theft horse.  One of those stories you find part of who you want to be with,  And the talent in voiceover is outa this world.  Red dead redemption 2 is "SOOO good right"  according to Satan in Southpark...no Joke they mention how good it is in "super cereal" with ManBearPig.  When even southpark says it's awesome....

0 Likes