cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

What game are you playing now?

With the start of another fantastic gaming year ahead of us, what games have your attention right now?

Right now the main one we are playing is World War 3. We were really into BF2042 when it released, but it's been so hard to keep the interest alive.

So what are you playing?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
96 Replies
SirNealalot
Adept I

Currently playing Halo Infinite. I'm not great but it's fun to play with friends. Free multiplayer definetly made it an easy choice to get into it with the crew. You mentioned BF2042- my favorite PC FPS games was Battlefield 2142 from years ago. Part of me want a remake, part of me knows it won't be as good as i remember. haha.

Fellow Canadian, Father and Gamer!

Deathloop right now, if you like arkane games, you will love it.

Halo has been a ton of fun lately! Bf2042 is... ok but I feel it hasn't lived up to expectations, it does feel like a battlefield game, and the gameplay is fine but it doesn't feel like a full game. It's fairly dull in that regard

Great thread @Key-J ! Love hearing about what other people are playing - always looking for recommendations! 

So I was playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 pretty heavily recently, but I think I burnt myself out lol. Was actually browsing my game library yesterday trying to decide what's next. I'm really feeling a team-based game now, so I'm thinking of re-visiting Warhammer: Vermintide 2 or Deep Rock Galactic.

Both have (imo) great teamwork focused gameplay and I'm especially fond of the Deep Rock community. Not sure which I'll choose to play though! OH - was also thinking of playing my current save of Divinity Original Sin 2 (I think I'm somewhere along in Act II, maybe III?) - but that's an entire *commitment* LOL.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

Thanks @Ashley_AMD 

II have such fond memories of Deeprock myself. It is absolutely a fantastic team based game and you really do have some amazing moments that you get to share with whomever you are playing with. I used to always run as the Gunner, what did you play as?

Let me suggest to you Sea Of Thieves, if you haven't played it yet. The game is pretty fun by itself but it becomes an entirely different being when you play with friends in a team. It is honestly such a fun game and I truly lost hours and hours playing it without hesitation.

Another fantastic game if I can recommend would be It Takes Two. But this is definitely played best when you have one specific person that you game with. We played it last year my buddy and I and I have to say it was one of the most immersive games that I have thrown myself into in a long while. The gameplay itself is very fun very, very varied but what made the game extra special for me was the level design. I guess there's a reason why it won game of the year. You will love the visuals.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

@Key-J Thank you for the suggestions! I've got Sea of Thieves on my wish list - will look into it more. 

In Deep Rock I also play as the Gunner - it fits my play style best (tanky lol) and I love the zipline. 😄

Ahhh  I've heard of It Takes Two! That's another one I'll add to the list, thank you!

---
Ashley
Loveless
Journeyman III

I am playing Final Fantasy Vii Remake Intergrade. I played the original a long time ago and I played the remake on PS4 when it was launched. Playing through Intergrade on PC for the added content plus I just love the game. 🙂

Reed
Journeyman III

I’ve been playing Gang Beast with my buddies. Also I have playing Halo Infinite

I am Playing FF7 remake intergrade right now. After that i want to  complete Valhalla (im 80% story so far).
I also play sometimes APEX and Warzone. When i complete FF7 and Valhalla i wanne start with RDRD2. (i know, ist older, but i have leaved untouched until i got my 6900xt)

Treez81
Adept I

Escape From Tarkov 

Roger0072
Adept II

Mechwarrior 5, finally got the DLC so there was fresh content to play

What a great Discussion/question! @Key-J 

The last game I played (with a few Red Team members) was BF1. iirc, I got to Level 100, and was part of a clan too. Loved it. So much fun! Then, I became a father and put gaming on the backburner.

That said, I'm still playing a very challenging game. It keeps me up at night. I play tournaments, and have been ranking up - slowly. The game is by far one of the oldest games on the planet. It's international, and has over 1M players at any one time. And when I lose, well it hurts, because there is no "luck" in this game, just pure strategy. (No is not world of warplanes by wargaming.net). Can you guess it? 

Looking ahead, I'm planning on getting a gaming laptop, when I do, I will be playing RDR2! Can't wait, I hear nothing but great things about it. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Hahaha Sam,

The way you describe the game I have answers running through my head ranging from Counter Strike all the way to Poker.

You might have to give us another clue 😉

----------
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

eh eh eh...okay, the game was invented in India, then adopted by the Persians, and ultimately became an "intellectual" game of the royal families in Europe.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Ah,

I think I know what game you are talking about. When you were talking about Royal families, was it mainly Kings or Queens? I guess it was quite the Gambit you took to describe it in such a way.

I did have to Check the history of the game, to make sure I was thinking of the right thing Mate. However, you laid it out in Black & White so I feel confident that you aren't trying to Pawn off another game on me and are indeed talking about:

Chess

----------
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

@Key-J - Most excellent Key-J! That's it, it's chess, specifically chess.com. I'm soo hooked, I play a match or two late at night (after my son goes to sleep), and started to play tournaments too.
Sam
Your biggest fan!

Due to limited bandwidth and connection losses I can only play a game like Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms at the moment. I was a hardcore raider in WoW previously.

Perhaps Starlink will be in my future for an ISP.

0 Likes

God of War, never played it in any format before. Absolutely amazing game, looks great, plays great etc

0 Likes

Currently playing these games:
FPS - Halo Infinite

MMO - DCUO

Card / Strategy - MTG: Arena

0 Likes
Karlpetersen
Adept I

I am playing Destiny 2,  very intensive graphics game,  I'm using my PC I got free from govt assistance when they were eager to help people in beginning of covid outbreak,  a Ryzen 7 3800,  rtx 2070 super,  with these new games coming out I definitely should have got a higher end system but for now it works.

lbealsjr
Journeyman III

Halo Infinite, since Titanfall 2 multiplayer is down. The campaign is interesting (first Halo adventure I have played) but not fantastic.

---

2950 Threadripper, 128 Gig Ram, Radeon VII in a Aorus x399 Xtreme motherboard.

0 Likes
ssaradpon
Adept I

Final Fantasy VII 😃

0 Likes
FacePlants
Adept I

Ratchet and Clank (the PS4 version before I start the new one), Dirt 5, Undermine (pretty new with a great retro feel), and Hitman 2

P.S. Is the limit to one post every 10 minutes (600 seconds) a new thing? I don't remember having this restriction and it's pretty severe.

A buddy and I have been playing Ghost Recon:  Breakpoint.  A small group of us played a lot of Wildlands a few years ago.  We've owned Breakpoint for a while now, but just recently started playing it .  We like it.  We also play zombies mode in Black Ops Cold War.

I recently finished Horizon Zero Dawn.  Picked up a few things during the winter sales:  Cyberpunk 2077, Back 4 Blood, Death Stranding, Far Cry 6, Assassins Creed Valhalla.  Just played a few minutes of Cyberpunk last night.  Don't know much at all about the plot.  I know it had lots of bad press due to bugs at launch.  Should prove interesting.

I'd love to hear what people bought during the sales also, or at least what people have in the queue...

@dashtrash My buddies and I played a lot of Wildlands, and had a great time with it! However, we couldn't really get into Breakpoint. Maybe we missed out, maybe we didn't give it a good opportunity - but there was something about it for us that just didn't "click".

Speaking of, question for the community - Did anyone else play ANTHEM?

KeyJ_0-1641942722474.jpeg

THAT was such a great game of potential, but it lacked in execution. It is one of the games I am truly sad to see have gone so wrong. 😞

----------

It didn't click for us at first either.  Maybe we just needed a break, but we are enjoying it now.  The gameplay is familiar, but somehow feels kinda fresh.  You might give it another try.  I do remember hearing about a lot of issues at launch (don't remember what the problems were) but it seems to be working fine for us now.

@dashtrash Nice haul from winter sales. I've heard mixed reviews on Cyberpunk 2077 but it definitely looks appealing - curious about your thoughts if you continue to play more.

Saw that you picked up Back 4 Blood as well, nice! I played a good bit of that during the holidays because they had special holiday skins you could unlock. xD 

@Key-J I had to Google Anthem - forgot it existed, lol. Never played it!

---
Ashley

@Ashley_AMD 

No worries there, if you didn't really know Anthem when it was coming out - it is super easy to miss it now. I think its super cheap on EA store anyway.

It was a game with such potential in my opinion, the whole concept and gameplay mechanics was described in such a fun way that my core gaming group and I were really excited to play!

HOWEVER, as one knows when it comes to a certain gaming publisher EA there were, unfortunately, some pretty major issues that kept repeating, and made the gameplay hard. Then as well, their promise of this open world, the multiplayer masterpiece that was supposed to see all these players working together was never delivered. Instead, we got "instanced" 4 person worlds, which was heartbreaking.

There was talk of developing an Anthem 2.0 (not a sequel, but sort of a revival.) However, that got squashed in 2021.

----------

Dark souls

0 Likes
Olemissrebel
Adept II

I liked playing 'Super People' and hope it fully materialized soon. I've always played battlefield games (bf2,3,4,1,5). I like bf 2042 okay, but it has a ton of issues. 

Chotch
Adept II

Halo Infinite and League of Legends (still, for some reason, haha) for the most part.

XelaVo581
Adept II

valorant with the new episode! got diamond last episode, next to immortal!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts
Likebrews
Adept II

Raid Shadow

AMD Ryzen R7 2700X on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max 64GB Corsair RGBPro RAM MSI Armor 8GB RX580 WD NV750 Black Creative xFi Fatality 7.1 Twin MSI Optix MAG27322CQR
n00bert0
Adept II

I've really just stuck to 2 games for the computer: Dota 2 and CS:GO. I do have a Steam library of games that I'll never play because I don't really care for playing new games anymore. On mobile I play CoC. I'm more focused on getting stuff done around the house and looking for hot deals online.

SCJhonson
Adept I

I am playing Mining Etherium.  It's not very fun, but it keeps my house warm without running the heaters...  I have actually been playing South Park - The Stick of Truth, Halo: Combat Evolved, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Half-Life 2, and Portal.

ThreeDee
Paragon

Hunt:Showdown on PC .. and then Halo Infinite on my AMD driven XBox One S

ThreeDee PC specs
Noghri2112
Journeyman III

Final Fantasy XIV.

heftypegasus
Journeyman III

Been digging into Total War: Warhammer II a lot lately. Prepping for TW:WIII dropping next month 🙂

ChickenFlyedLice
Journeyman III

I still love playing Apex Legends. So much fun!