cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cruelplatypus67
Journeyman III

Weird render glitches on display

Please help I'm getting these random glitches whenever i use google chrome and some other applications which use gpu acceleration. This happens in games too sometimes.

I have freesync enabled and using the ryzen 2200g with the included vega 8 (no discrete gpu).

0 Likes
8 Replies
jamesc359
Forerunner

I've seen the occasional "glitch" when using Firefox, but it's only a quick flash and never really bothered me to much. Does your glitching affect the whole screen or just the browser area? If it's only affecting the browser window, then it's likely a Chrome issue. If it affects the whole screen it could be an issue with the drivers, but it could also be an issue with your hardware.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would say the same, either:

-A driver issue.
-The SOC voltage too low.
-Unstable memory settings or voltage.
-A faulty part.

I would check the motherboard bios settings, either the SOC voltage or the memory settings.

It happens randomly so i can't test each case separately.

I'm using the latest 18.9.2 gpu drivers (no cpu or gpu oc just got the ram clock to 3000mhz profile provided)

Mobo asus b450M-A with latest bios

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You can try to revert your ram setting to the default 2666Mhz for a while.
Check if these artefacts disappear, if yes you know where the issue lie.
Maybe the Ram need a bit more voltage like around 1.35v and the SOC voltage around 1.1v/1.15v.

0 Likes

Probably the best thing to do is to call and tech service and tell them,

aside from that, I don't know how else to help you

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If you don't know how to help, avoid to post nonsense.
Aside that, i think users are capable of dealing with their hardware if taught well.
So before get scammed and give money to a tech service for nothing be smart learning how to service your own computer until you can.
I forgot, it's free!

0 Likes

wimpzilla wrote:

So before get scammed and give money to a tech service for nothing be smart learning how to service your own computer until you can.

I take issue implication that tech support is a scam. Even when the solution may be obvious to some people, the tech is still offering a service to solve a problem that has eluded the person seeking their assistance. That's hardly a scam, far from it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Well I must be a great ignorant so, if i spend and loose my time trying to share knowledge to users, for free.
I must be an ignorant thinking forums offer the same service for free.

Think what you want, but to be honest i feel bad when i ask money to an user that confused the stealing lock hole of a dock, for the charger port.
I never use words that have not a specific meaning and i don't post stuff that i can't explain.
That why i said it is a scam and double down on the words based on my experiences, not your basic opinion.

0 Likes