cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

taras240
Journeyman III

RUBY

Where is RUBY??????? I bealive that all troubles with radeon grafics is because u forgot Ruby... 

12 Replies
kc5vdj
Elite

Right on!

saywhut
Challenger

Here I am.

petosiris
Miniboss

Yeah, I want Ruby back too. Found her hiding on the GCN page at AMD.com

image_2023-04-13_025220465.png
Image borrowed from AMD

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

This post aged well.. Ruby may or may not be hiding at the AMD office in Austin, Texas 🙂 

I will follow up with some proof next week!

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

@Amber_AMD wrote:

This post aged well.. Ruby may or may not be hiding at the AMD office in Austin, Texas 🙂 

I will follow up with some proof next week!

Excitited to see that.  It's this week?  Yay!

I also found you, hiding in a tech room with Instinct cards: Amber at AMD
😊

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

Wait, LOL that is so funny! I am just now learning that I am a suite of biomolecular simulation programs. 

But yes, Ruby reminded me about this post this week! She says HI from the AMD office in Austin 🙂 

IMG_9392.jpg

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

@Amber_AMD wrote:

Wait, LOL that is so funny! I am just now learning that I am a suite of biomolecular simulation programs. 

Haha!  I'm sure they named it after you rather than vice versa. 🤣

And Ruby looks nice in that vintage box.  I didn't know ATI sold dolls ... eh, action figures.  I wish I had that Ruby action figure as it's a great collectible item. 

I do remember ATI though and 'everybody' wondered what AMD possibly meant to do with ATI when they bought them.  Fast forward today and there are some embarrased know-it-alls around.  Same story with Xilinx BTW.

Best,
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Looks like some South Korean cosplayer wanted to try the looks.

johnnyenglish_0-1682030924240.png

The Englishman

She looks great in that outfit, @johnnyenglish.  How do you know she's South Korean?  I remember the FX line of CPUs of course.  Wish AMD could bring the FX name back to a top of the tops CPU in the future.

Best,

I kind of enjoy cosplay and follow some other communities, some cosplayers are well known, specially when they do multiple characters.

I also do Cosplay, later this year on our little Comic Con, I'll do 9S. I was supposed to do it next month on Iber Anime but the sword won't arrive in time.

The Englishman
0 Likes

9S?  I'm not into Animé so I have no idea what that is.  😅

I don't do cosplay either but I bought a bomber jacket, leather hat, googles, a white scarf and a cigar, which I wore at Star Citizen's (SC) convention in 2015, Manchester.  Then I resembled my avatar, which I also use in SC.  It was more for others to recognize me than any attempt on cosplay, of course.  There are no WWI bomber pilots in SC. 

Why did I choose this avatar, you may wonder?  It's because I admire the spirit, courage and the gentleman's style of these guys.  As officers they had manners (which seems to be lost forever in time today) and even had visiting cards (to hand out to ladies they courted).  Those were the days ...  Except for the war, of course.

Best,

9S is a character from a 2017 RPG game "Nier Automata" they actually have the anime now, much like the Cyberpunk Edgerunners, they get the story from the actual games.

Cosplay is no longer a strange culture, nowdays you can do it from pretty much every piece of media. Anime/Games/TVseries/Disney anything actually!

I also did Stargate SG1 cosplay while playing Airsoft and Reenactment of Vietnam War and Gulf War.

Cheers

The Englishman