cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: June

Hi Red Team, we’re thrilled, this month you have a chance at winning the: 

Limited-Edition AMD Radeon RX 6900XT Halo Infinite Graphics Card!

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi.

Example reply:

“Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The June Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, June 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, June 30, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit  Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
319 Replies
zo77
Adept I

let's see what my chance are

z00k
Journeyman III

bummed this is NA only, gl

Who makes the cooler for the Halo Infinite 6900xt ?

Where can you find the specs for the Halo Infinite 6900xt?

tasnx3
Adept II

my favorite card was my 390 it was a beast  and i got a great deal on it!

drpluto
Adept III

playing knockout city

AgentJean007
Adept I

Reaping the benefits of recently adding a GPU to my home server- has allowed the whole family to play Sea of Thieves (1 Xbox + 2 Laptops + PC).  Also happy to see the 6750 cope with native 4K@60 in Assassin's Creed Origins.

---
Ryzen 5 3600 • Radeon RX 6750 XT • ASRock X470 Taichi • 32GB@3000MHz
CH2
Journeyman III

Waited along time for AMD to be on top. would love this card in my next build.

TechJoe
Adept I

Thanks for the sweepstakes!

weewilly
Adept I

favorite amd product would have to be the og athlon 1ghz, a real game-changing release, currently playing red dead redemption...need that 6900xt to get the most out of my 5900x!!!

////current-rig:asusx570/5900x/msi6800xt////////
toxicengel
Adept I

Currently playing WoWS and War Thunder on an X570MB with Ryzen 5 5600X/Radeon RX 6600XT. The RX 6900XT would be a sweet upgrade. Fingers crossed.

ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PRO (WiFi), Ryzen 5800X, Radeon 6600XT, G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZN, Samsung 990 Pro 1TB Heatsink (BOOT), WD_BLACK SN770 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 850GT, Noctua NH-U12A, ASUS GT301 case, Noctua NF-A14 & A12x25, Windows 11(current stable).
MolletMohill
Journeyman III

Wow. That's a real beauty!

sberganini
Journeyman III

Hi,

Been away for a while after some med issues.  Getting back into things.  Sure could use a new Vid card.  Thanks for this opportunity. 

It’s Friday and the weekend is coming up.

Would love to have an AMD Halo Infinite 6900XT to play around with😆

Terry3Gs
Adept III

Great giveaway this month !! Good luck to all !! 👍

nubytuesday
Adept I

Still drooling !!!!

bobpi
Adept III

Would be nice to win that nice graphic card even fr my older FX8350 setup. (I am a Win 10/11 hater.)

@bobpi-- did you know that the AMD B450 chipset has windows 7 drivers available from many vendors? I thought Ryzen was all WIN 10 (and now win 11) only, but MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte all three have WIN 7 drivers for B450.... I'm looking at doing a Ryzen/Radeon Build for another WIN 7 devotee (currently on FX 8320/ RX 580)! Look into it!!👊

I am not so much a Win 7 devotee as a person living with a limited data satellite connection and a USAF veteran concerned about privacy and security. Plus, the rest of the changes for the worst in 10/11.

I do wonder what I am missing as far as good innovations in Direct X and other things, but I mainly watch anime and movies and play Minecraft so I am probably not affected much....

What CPU families does B450 limit a builder to?

from this ASUS support page it supports the Athlon 200 series, and Ryzens from 1000 through 5000!

In case it wasn't obvious from prior notes, this board supports Windows 7, if you still have windows 7 machines:

Windows 7 Drivers for B450 chipset (ASUS PRIME-B450M-A) 

Hmm. tech specs -- Windows 7 64 supports only up to 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen chips down in the bottom of the footnotes

I'll have to dig further here..

All roads lead back to AMD 

so, according to the AMD B450 chipset driver support page -- it agrees with the ASUS footnote: the B450 chipset supports 1st and 2nd gen AMD processors only for windows 7, but supports all ryzen and Athlon 200 series under windows 10.

so, to upgrade windows 7 boxes to ryzen, you have to find a 1st or 2nd gen processor, and probably the B450 chipset (perhaps the A320 chipset would also support it) for an upgrade path.

@bobpi-- hope this helps... I'm also interested in this upgrade path, so it's worth my time to research and share!

As for Radeon support, the 21-5-2 Radeon driver will support the RX 6900XT in this giveaway under WI... 

but in all likelyhood, I'd probably push my older RX5600 to the WIN 7 box, and use the RX6900 with a WIN 10 box.

Still a fantastic hand-me-down upgrade!

Probably pair the Halo Infinite 6950xt with a 5800x3D

Right now I would pair it with my watercooled 3900x!

anyone who's interested in win 7 + Ryzen -- find my detailed post (don' t know how to link it!) ... the win 7 driver support only goes to 1st/2nd gen ryzen chips... so you can't go all in 5950x and windows 7 😞

filinux
Elite

Holy Hot Halo Hardware Batman!!  

Current favorite AMD (or AMD based) component that I am personally using daily is STILL my X570S Aorus Master!!  The X570(S) platform is a great base allowing MoBo manufacturers to really swing for the fences with offerings that please nearly all gamers and/or power users.  

As for gaming, I am currently playing a game that caught my eye with a BIG surprise and is now growing EVERY day.   Its called "Stop coveting the Red Team June Sweepstakes 6900 XT Halo Infinite GPU FiL!!"  Don't bother looking for it on Steam or Epic but if you are reading this post I have a feeling you might be playing it too!! 😉   I am also having fun playing Borderlands 3 and am looking forward to trying out the WW3 beta played on AFKidsGaming last Wed!!   

Thanks AMD & good luck to all!!

I have 2 x570 platforms that could use it. 
3900x/Radeon VII and 5900x/RX 6800.

I have the same system......an upgrade would charge my games with speed and clarity. AMD would Rule!

AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

Hi from AFKidsGaming!!!!!!!!

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Hello, I would like to throw my hat into the ring for this one.  I will build an entirely new system based around this card if I win!  I will share updates and pics if I do.

Vynski
Exemplar

Don't know if I have registered yet, at 73 that happens, so now I will register again.

I have always been an AMD fan and supporter and I have been building computers since the late 1980's.  I have never owned an Nvidia GPU or an Intel CPU.  Over the years you see a lot of test data showing this one outperforming the opposition.  As a statistician and computer programmer, all of these tests are skewed.  Why because the manufacturers develop the testing software for their products.  Yes, I've heard the software developers of the the testing software.  Ask yourself; who funded the development?  Then look at the results of the test and say; Oh that's why it outperforms the competition.  It's the same results for 99% of the data that you read.  "Statistics don't lie, but liars use statics."

Have fun gamming, regardless of the products you have in your machine!

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Seansterp
Adept I

Winning this would mean finally finishing my 10-year-old son's PC that he wants for his birthday. He could start his Youtube channel to help other autistic kids that was to show the world that they can be awesome just like anyone can.

tredeuce
Adept III

I love AMD CPUs, the video cards look really nice. I do not discriminate, I would take a new AMD CPU or GPU. Maybe not AMD branded Vegemite, but I digress.

vesgen
Adept I

Thank you for the chance to win this sexy video card good luck to everyone finger crossed, I know I will cry if I win never won anything in my life there would be tears of joy. once a gain good luck to everyone and thank you AMD I love you guys you are the best and my little girl would be happy too just to be able to play games again

Seansterp
Adept I

For those that don't follow sales of PC tech like I do just a heads up. This is a fantastic video card that is being given away but if you don't win don't let it get you down. Amazon prime days are July 11th and 12th and there will be massive sales of video cards and all PC tech on all major online retailers to follow suit with Amazon. Each year there was a 20-40% drop in prices each year during this time before the Crypto insanity occurred. So, if you haven't bought anything yet plan accordingly because after the 13th the prices will generally go back up again until AMD drops their new lineup later this year.

Thanks for the info!

Yw

curtislu
Adept II

hi! I'm playing maneater.

autoexec04
Adept II

Here's hoping! Thanks either way!

KateHanami
Adept I

Happy Pride from a Red Squirrel to Team Red

vialli100
Forerunner

What about us in the UK?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Last day of the month for this Incredible GPU.

May the Red Team Gods look down on all of us posters!😆