cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
t00nish
Journeyman III

Please, baby PuLeeease gimme the strength to UP my PC Game! 

0 Likes
Goose380
Journeyman III

Would LOVE to upgrade me Ryzen 5 3600x

Goodluck everyone!

0 Likes
mbennett39
Adept I

yes!

0 Likes
Meerling
Journeyman III

I just registered, so apparently I'm too low of a level to be eligible, 😕, but I'll post a small bit anyway.

I've been using AMD chips since the early 90s, the days of x86 pre-pentium chips. 
I've used both AMD and the other guys I won't name, and AMD has had some advantages, which has only gotten better. 
Price, performance, and even features work out better for me than any one elses stuff. 

As to the policy of not dissing AMD, I understand it and won't complain about it even if I don't care for it. After all, bury brigades, hate raids, review bombing and all that has gone way too far over the edge and shouldn't be allowed. I expect that AMD will be reasonable, and only use the banhammer on the whiners, trolls, and karens of the internet. 

Lately I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online, New World, Encased, and a bit of Star Valor.

So good luck to every one, gratz to the winner, and even though that hasn't been determined yet, just remember I'm jealous of you. 😋😇

A wandering mind often brings back presents ;D
beastmst
Journeyman III

nice to get it if free

0 Likes
sorianomac
Journeyman III

I'm loving my new Radeon Red Devil Ultimate!!! It plays BF 2042 great paired with an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X. I'll admit though my processor is bottlenecking my BEAST of a graphics card 💪😁

0 Likes
Kel
Adept I

I've been very pleased with my AMD FX 8350. It served me well over the years but perhaps an upgrade would be very nice.

marcolou
Adept I

Nice giveaway

0 Likes
IntellX
Journeyman III

Not gonna lie, i'm new to AMD. I've used Intel all my life but I've always wanted to try a Ryzen. I've also always been partial to Nvidia. AMD makes amazing hardware, just the GPU drivers are not always up to par. My first GPU ever was Radeon and I've kinda been Nvidia ever since the drivers didn't work. I finally broke free when the RX 580 was released but unfortunately that too had less than acceptable drivers. Decided to give AMD another try after RDNA2 and I bought an RX 6900 XT and so far I am satisfied. Now I want a Ryzen CPU for better compatibility and superior functionality! I just haven't settled on which one as of yet..

“Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Ark, Elder Scrolls Online, and Back 4 Blood recently. Currently playing multiplayer and I'm loving the performance! ”

Ian
i7 7700K • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 • 16GB RAM
0 Likes
SovereignSeven
Journeyman III

I've been using AMD for decades. Never liked Intel. Even in the dark ages of AMD. It was just so cost effective and I saw no difference between what I was doing back then. To this day, Still AMD. This would definitely help upgrade what I currently am running so hope I win!

0 Likes
shadymexican916
Journeyman III

Would be perfect for a friend

0 Likes

What's up AMD gamers?

0 Likes
jetszn
Journeyman III

Hello, I play a variety of shooter games and have had so much fun with my AMD experience!

0 Likes
Ronaldec_47
Journeyman III

I have been eyeing this beast for some time now and can not wait to upgrade if I am chosen. Love AMD for just making our PC world better then every.

0 Likes
trickfred
Adept II

Hi! I've been using AMD chips for 20 years (and ATi GPUs back in the day). 

0 Likes
darknessmuta
Journeyman III

I’ve been playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst recently as it was on sale during the Steam Winter sale for a huge discount.

vampyerk
Journeyman III

Does any one remember the K5 cpu from amd?

Ludovit
Journeyman III

Proste AMD Ryzen 

0 Likes
DizzyRick
Journeyman III

Good luck to everybody!

zoonalzoon
Journeyman III

I go with AMD every day and my favorite is Ryzen 7 🙂

0 Likes

There was a time when intel ruled the landscape. From 8086 to the Pentium 2 they had no equal despite manys best efforts.  Then the Challenger fought harder and for the first time put the King on his back.  That Challenger was the AMD Athlon Thunderbird.  My first build for the ground up included this 800 lbs gorilla.  I was a fan for life.

Yeah mate, I remember those Athlon days. I still remember standing outside a friend's back door discussing AMD CPUs and their Athlons. Those were great days man, great days.
--
Ryzen 7 2700X ∙ Red Devil 6900 XT ∙ 32 GBs RAM | AMD since the ATi & Voodoo days | Awaiting new CPU prices
Heratiki
Journeyman III

Love my 5700 XT. It gets the job done even with the rest of my PC being well below the capabilities of some games. 

0 Likes
Taktek1
Journeyman III

I'm currently enjoying God of War and AMD FSR 

astromerc
Journeyman III

I guess I have to reply more to win?

0 Likes
jeffagg36
Journeyman III

Howdy! 

0 Likes
ego4th
Adept I

Anxiously awaiting the 5800X3D!

0 Likes
Hard2Thrill
Adept I

This would be a great start to a Windows 11 compatible workstation build!

0 Likes
sidgrafix
Journeyman III

Go Red Go...

0 Likes
stereosteveo
Adept I

Count me in!

pmtwigg
Journeyman III

AMD, I only have two things to say:

1) please never try putting consoles and PC hardware on the same node ever again.

2) Please beat Nvidia with this next gen. I desperately want to buy AMD. 

macdoc089
Journeyman III

Nice!

KendallB
Journeyman III

Would be nice to be able to win, but alas, I am a newcomer.  What do we have to do to reach Novice III level?  How many posts does it take to reach that level from 

bjkellar
Journeyman III

My first AMD CPU that I purchased for my first build was an AMD K6 166. Overclocked it to 175. 

Krlzbad
Journeyman III

Would be nice to win, I always use AMD.

dancoe77
Adept I

I used to be strictly Intel and NVidia but for a couple of years now the only thing I want is AMD.  The product is better by a long run and I get more satisfaction and better performance from running both Ryzen processors and Radeon Video cards.  Thanks so much AMD for making superior products:))

0 Likes
shoaibz
Journeyman III

Ohh yes please.

Ezlin
Adept I

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Still playing FFXIV for the most part while dabbling in Star Wars: Fallen Order, and I may poke some other games too. I also have A Plague Tale that I've never played before so that's an option. I don't know much about the game but I got it for free so that's pretty great.

Fun fact: The last Intel processor that I bought was a Q6600. A sock 775 CPU back in early 2000s.. something like 2006 or 2007 or something like that, and I've been building AMD and ATi PCs since the beginning. I even had the Phenom II Black, I believe 1090T? But it's been awhile so it's difficult to remember. It was the 0 chip, so OC'd particularly well!

edit: Fixed typos.

AMD, if you read this, PLEASE consider using hCaptcha on your site rather than reCAPTCHA. I realize that it's google, but honestly, I have a lot of problems with reCAPTCHA just not working, showing the wrong images (I promise I know what fire hydrants are), *extremely* low quality images, and so on. Maybe I'm among a limited number of unlucky souls, but it's a right pain in the tender bits.

--
Ryzen 7 2700X ∙ Red Devil 6900 XT ∙ 32 GBs RAM | AMD since the ATi & Voodoo days | Awaiting new CPU prices
Zippy1337
Journeyman III

1337 cpu will be mine.

Hansoncw
Journeyman III

Sweepstakes Entry