cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
EMSChief8404
Journeyman III

AMD equipment is the best and most stable equipment that I have built my computers and I specifically look for the AMD brand when purchasing laptops. Keep up the great work

0 Likes
tungsao
Journeyman III

Please enter in sweepstakes, thanks 😀

0 Likes
jamescho72
Journeyman III

Happy New Year

0 Likes
iraqisandman
Journeyman III

I had not done a custom PC build since  2010 and picked a very bad time to start again (Fall 2020) but I was excited about AMD's new CPU offerings that were coming out.  One component at a time and I'm done.  Very happy about my build!

0 Likes
shadowfyre27
Journeyman III

Ever since I made the switch to AMD cpu and gpu, I have been thoroughly happy with the change.  Not only are the parts more affordable but they are just as good, if not better than their competitors.  Keep up the great work AMD!

0 Likes
1God1king
Adept I

Let’s go RED

Let’s Go RED
0 Likes
Shambles75
Journeyman III

Been playing mainly Destiny 2 - cut over to PC and built my own rigs using AMD CPUs. Great product - fast and reliable. 

Shambles75
0 Likes
drg197
Adept II

Thank you for the chance at a great upgrade

0 Likes
TechJoe
Adept I

Hey AMD, love the Ryzen 7 series. My 2700x has been great but could use something more powerful.

Good luck everyone!

0 Likes

Hi Ashley, What level is Novice lll? I can't find the chart. I am Adept l now. I would like to enter the contest.

Likebrews

AMD Ryzen R7 2700X on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max 64GB Corsair RGBPro RAM MSI Armor 8GB RX580 WD NV750 Black Creative xFi Fatality 7.1 Twin MSI Optix MAG27322CQR
0 Likes
deathcom
Adept I

Been on Team Red since the All In Wonder days (yep, that old). As such I stick only to a few games, Guild Wars 2, Paladins, and Soulcalibur VI. Eagerly awaiting sequels to one and expansions to the others!

0 Likes
undertow686
Journeyman III

Let's go! Daddy needs a new processor!

0 Likes
ReformedFlunky
Journeyman III

Happy New Year AMD! Keep these giveaways coming!

0 Likes
ekasteng
Journeyman III

My very first gaming rig had an AMD K6-2 350.  My current one is a Ryzen 7 2700.  I guess I can say I've been at this a bit.

0 Likes
SocratesGS
Adept II

Been a fan of AMD since the K6-2 days. I have always built PCs for my family so everyone is currently running custom built Ryzen PCs.

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Might as well try to win an upgrade for my 3600X machine. My 5600X 4.5GHZ @1.15v x 6 cores with an AMD RX6800 OC'ed, my gaming rig is good. If I push it, that 5600X goes to 4.750GHZ on all cores, but I keep it tame for everyday use, lest yee change the TIM every 2 weeks. Mine's liquid cooled, so, I wouldn't try an all core OC on air and definitely not with a stock cooler. 

Someone's bound to say "Kryonaught". I tried 2 packs to make sure it wasn't me or fake stuff, it just doesn't work under load. Nice cool idle, then straight to 95c/shutdown in about 10 seconds of CPUZ stress test, lol. That's with or without an OC. This setting of 4.5GHZ @ 1.15v, along with the RAM tightened, and the GPU OC'ed/undervolted, results in a 30c idle and 60c max load. Lost little in Time Spy 3D or in CB23, it's still faster than any PBO/core offset I tried. Pushing to 4750 just means 1.29v and changing TIM every 2 weeks or so to gain maybe 10-15 FPS in a CPU bound game. 

I'm waiting for a chip guaranteed to be stable at 2000Mhz IF. I can only get 1966Mhz IF without getting error 19's. Sure, it's better than most but there seems to be many that can do it. I wonder if any checked for the error 19's or just ignored them? You can but icons can disappear, general weirdness happens at odd times. It sounds petty, but the read/write RAM speeds and a real increase in FPS at 4000Mhz/2000 IF are definitely worth the try. In Far Cry 5 it is the difference of me getting 130 FPS or 160 FPS, but with error 19's. Does it make a difference in game play? Nope. Why do I care? Because AMD said the 5600X could do 2000 IF, however, no guarantees is in the finest of print. The PC is good enough for now, so I can wait for AMD to make a CPU that is guaranteed to be stable at 2000 IF. My hopes are low since DDR5 is coming out and there's whispers of a new socket. It'll be a few years until any need to upgrade to this newer stuff, but I wouldn't count on the existing tech getting any upgrades.

None of these words increase my odds of winning but do increase my odds of some comments. Peace!

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Here's to hoping! 🙂

0 Likes
spaceferret42
Journeyman III

Neat. Congrats to whoever wins this gem of a processor

0 Likes
slyguy
Adept I

AMD has made it so that you can go out and grab mid-level gaming components, that can play 90% of games on high at 1080p with frame rates well above 60. Affordability and the ease of use has made building your own AMD PC a no brainer. My first gaming PC was a mix of black friday markdowns and slightly used/refurbished ebay parts. All AMD and they all worked out the gate. Ever since then I have been an AMD enthusiast and I cannot wait to see how they answer to the recent Intel advancement! GG yall!

jbroeckel
Journeyman III

Awesome! I could really use a new CPU 🙂

0 Likes
Sammiebingo
Journeyman III

Good luck to everyone 

0 Likes
cedon
Journeyman III

what is my favorite amd product? my FX6300 chip, running this rig right now, it has carried me through some great games and is still going after all this time. Puppy has put in a lot of work.

0 Likes
bl8demast3r
Journeyman III

If I win I can upgrade my system and use my old cpu to build my girlfriend a new gaming pc. 

0 Likes
jlk69home
Adept I

Thank you AMD for this and every opportunity you grant to us.

0 Likes
Fetrovsky
Journeyman III

Want!!!!

0 Likes
Sabrewolf
Adept I

It's interesting. I just received notice of the contest today, not alot of time to respond.

I may have to build a new rig to fit it, not sure if my current motherboard can handle it.

0 Likes
DanielPhett
Journeyman III

My first Amd Cpu was a dx66 from years past.  Now Running a 5600g 16 gigs of Corsair ram and a RX480.

Used Amd for year and have been thrilled since the beginning.

Thank You 🙂 Amd

0 Likes
xombee69
Journeyman III

I love AMD processors! Every build I've had has had an AMD processor! Phemom II Black Edition, Ryzen 2600X, 5600X, to name a few!

0 Likes
UnclePickle
Adept I

I'm a winner!

0 Likes
razor617
Journeyman III

Keep up the good work,

0 Likes
wiggypop
Journeyman III

hey!
I recently bought a Pre built from Cyberpower PC, and it has a 5600g which is bottlenecking the 6600xt that is in it!
This NEW CPU would be so amazing!

Cheers, 

WiggyPop

russvm
Journeyman III

Hi everyone. First off Games I play are RPG Diablo , Final Fantasy, and I also built some with Unity. My first AMD I had was back in 1998 a AMD Quad4 just came out and I over clocked it to much and blew a hole in it. I took it and turned it into a necklace I wore for over 15 years. It is now sitting on my dresser. I have a AMD now for work since I got to build my PC I used.

0 Likes
flyguy1962
Journeyman III

A new processor would be great. Have been running the FX-9590 since I built this computer in 2015 and it is still running my favorite game, Diablo 3.

0 Likes
Wolfey
Journeyman III

Hello I love my amd hardware!

0 Likes
Hanymor
Journeyman III

I love the Ryzen CPUs had the 1600 1600x 1700x 1800x 2700x.  I wish I had the 3900XT.

0 Likes
e5bass2
Journeyman III

good luck

Kurtiscw
Journeyman III

Hoping to win this R9 pair it with my 5700XT and replace my R7 2700x.

0 Likes
GeddyP
Journeyman III

TUF GAMING X570 wifi • Ryzen 7 3700X •
32gb RAM • Gigabyte RX5700xt 

0 Likes
Oni420
Journeyman III

Awesome sweepstakes

0 Likes
pacerbob
Journeyman III

All I use is AMD products. I have been using AMD products for over 20 years. My games or media never lag. I'm currently running an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with an MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus. I love AMD!!

0 Likes