cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
JesseGTO
Adept I

Favorite AMD product is ..checking.. currently OOS.  Currently playing Halo and enjoying the $20 armor coatings.

Helgi
Adept I

Happy New year... Lets go Team-Red. 

HPC guy turned gamer
Ryzen7 / RX6900

PXL_20220120_215029879.MP.jpg

Hello!

I've been playing a lot of Halo Infinite, Destiny 2, and Ark Survival Evolved recently.

My favorite AMD product is my trusty RX 570, which has been my GPU for a while now. I'm hoping to upgrade to Ryzen 5000 and/or Radeon 6000 soon.

We have three AMD systems in our house and Destiny 2 is the main game we play together.

Ryzen 7 3700x, RX570

Ryzen 7 2700x, Dual RX570

Ryzen 7 2700x, RX580

JP

lol,   yea me too,  I play destiny 2 also,  waiting for next big release called the witch queen in a month,  I have  amd ryzen 7 3800,  32gb ram, 500ssd,  plays quite well, and in between i crypto mine with both the cpu and gpu. I love amd, and nvidia.

0 Likes
1God1king
Adept I

Nice to have a place to share (amd)😜 opportunity to win products in which you support . Good luck everyone .

Let’s Go RED
Hell606
Journeyman III

I’m so glad I read the email this seems like a great place to hang out!

@Hell606 You're definitely not wrong there!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
smithdw2026
Adept II

I have had AMD processors since the first 486 clone came out. I haven't had any problems with AMD. Wasn't real impressed overall with my FX-8320 CPU compared to other CPUs available at the time, but it would still work if I put that MB in a case and connected it so it has been always reliable.

Thanks Team Red for all you do!

January 22nd is my Birthday and for that special day I spend it playing ESO on my AMD Ryzen 2400G Rig.

It ain't much but it works and I can play the games I love on it.

Cheers and Happy Joyful New Year to one and all!

No matter what it ALWAYS seems I am a day late for something!!  Well better late the never I hope;

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y ! ! ! 

I hope your special day is perfect and brings (brought 🙂 you happiness & great memories!  I pray that not only your birthday was special, but this entire year ahead for you is among the BEST ever, full of health, happiness, new adventures, and success in all you do!!  

Take care & have F U N!!  🙂

0 Likes
killabytes
Adept I

Red Team

Krizonar
Adept I

I am definitely loving Ryzen's offerings for the past few years. Had a 3900x with an RX 590 in a rig used for scientific research, recently upgraded it, with among other things, a 5900x. Both of those CPUs are very quick, I saw a big bump in performance on the latter even disregarding the cooling improvement in the upgrade.

Admittedly though, part of the reason for the CPU upgrade instead of transplanting it to the new logic board is the 3900x got some bent pins due to overly hardened paste caused by high temperatures, making the CPU cooler upgrade to alleviate that specific issue a heck of a surprise when it caused damage, despite how careful I was. A nightmare for anyone! After the fact, I was looking things up, wondering if I had done something wrong; 'Did I move it too harshly?' 'What motion should you remove it in?', but everyone was saying to do it the way I did, so I can't fault myself, sometimes acts of god happen like overly hardened paste. It had a good 2 and then some year run, but bending the pins on a 3900x is not the thing you want to happen shortly before Christmas!

On my gaming specific rig (not actually a PC person, but when I am on them I am, so far, 100% red team, first build I did myself was an old Phenom) I run a 5700G and an RX 580, watching the market carefully to possibly upgrade to the 6xxx series, or whatever comes next due to how bad the market is. Though curiously, I find even that old card with all the updates AMD does is still performing flawlessly. I don't play the hardest to run games (League of Legends, Genshin Impact, World of Warships) but it is still on top of them at max settings 5 years later, good engineering and software!

0 Likes

Playing on a Ryzen 5 3600 with a 5700xt. Best rig I ever built. 

0 Likes

I have a Ryzen 1600 that I user for everyday use and gaming with Far Cry 5 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Also when the machine is idle I have it set up for World Community Grid for scientific use mapping cancer markers. When doing this it maxes out all 6 cores. It would be nice to have a faster CPU that is even better at number crunching! 

0 Likes

THANK YOU!!  Truly, from the heart, THANK YOU!!

People often don't realize how far their kindnesses can reach and to how many people they help.  I put my life on hold for the last couple years to stay with & take care of my mother when she was first diagnosed with cancer.  She is now stage 4 and just last week we received the worst news nobody should ever have to hear.  For my own sanity I try to see a light or beauty in any situation no matter how dark.  The light in this is people like you who take action, join in the fight, and do good for people you will never know when it would be so much easier to do nothing!!  

I hope you kindness is returned to you a hundred fold.  

Take care, Good Luck in the contest, & have F U N!!

0 Likes

I wanted to respond to this specifically.

May god bless you and your family. I recently lost my mother to cancer and was nearly broken, I still have episodes where I break, and probably will for a while.

When I referred to 'scientific research' in my post, I meant World Community Grid Cancer Markers. She had asked me years ago (in a point in her life where she was cancer free, she defeated it in 2011, got it again in 2019, then got it a third time in late 2020...) if I really wanted to spend money to build a computer just to do that and nothing else, and I had answered yes, because of the pain she had been through even then.

If I do win the 3900XT, I can safely say this is what it would be doing, it would join my 5900X in dedicated Cancer Marker research. 60 years of research and counting.

0 Likes
dangdude
Adept I

hmmmmmmmm yummy cores go brrr. Keep them cool with my 360mm aio

0 Likes
fulltilt007
Adept I

I believe rock n roll will never die. It can only fade away with a whimper!

0 Likes
chris1234
Journeyman III

Awesome!

0 Likes
German_AC
Adept II

The Ryzen 9 would be a great upgrade for my R5 3600 xt, thankfully AMD doesn't make you buy a new mobo for every single chip the offer like the other company does... #teamred

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.
0 Likes
yoshimitsu
Journeyman III

gimme

0 Likes
Fenriswf
Journeyman III

Go AMD! I hope that the next gen Ryzen's blow all competition out of the water!

0 Likes
TonyC2
Journeyman III

Can't buy one, so I'll try to win one.

0 Likes
Pops1955
Journeyman III

Sweeps

0 Likes
Willg360
Journeyman III

0 Likes
ccole
Staff

0 Likes
Drunkahihtzu
Journeyman III

yes please 

0 Likes
MarzW4
Adept I

I just got an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x and its performance is near flawless! To upgrade to this Ryzen 9 would be wooop wooop!!

0 Likes
TriGuyPNW
Journeyman III

This would be nice

0 Likes
Dannoo00
Journeyman III

hope i win

DumpsterJ
Journeyman III

Me please. I have a 3700X that could use an upgrade !

gabrielpike
Adept II

I bet this might melt my poor b350 board. Even so it would be cool to watch! Good luck everyone!

deadbc77
Adept I

3900XT is no Joke...12 cores 24 threads of absolute power!!!

0 Likes
drbobmoss
Journeyman III

I’m looking forward to building a New In oh to use as my VR Station.

Johnnyslim
Adept I

I sooo want this!

wineblue2
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 & 9 Systems in my home office still kicking my games like Star Citizen, COD, and CyberPunk 2077! Benchmarking in the TOP 5% Globally!

gwfeagans
Adept I

Hi! I am an avid fan of all AMD Product- APU's, CPU's, and Video cards. I have not as of yet made it to the AM4 platform but I am getting closer having recently refurbished (2) FM2b Platform Desktop Towers. Thanks for the opportunity to "Win" a "Ryzen" Processor- a GREAT Processor- according to specs- at that! PEACE & prayers for all.

reaverg
Adept I

Nice, this would be a nice upgrade for many. I am currently rocking a Ryzen 5 2600x with a RX580. I was planning on upgrading soon cause Halo infinite is a very demanding game. I'll been looking at GPUs really, I just hope we get things back in stock soon. I would love to play Halo infinite at higher fps. If I managed to win this I'd throw more money into buying a better GPU like a 6800 XT. Anyways good luck to all and happy gaming.