cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
sgtlex
Journeyman III

Awesome, if I could win this, then I can actually start to play the games I've had for years uninstalled because still having to use an old i7 3770k. Yeah I know, never wanted an Intel actually but it was from my brother at the time so worked with it. Either way, I hope all much luck.

0 Likes
HardwareHobbyist
Journeyman III

I should have upgraded my PSU for this, but it's still not too late.

0 Likes
jorgitog1
Journeyman III

AMD makes great processors !!!

crmueller90
Journeyman III

Would LOVE a new 6900XT, prices are crazy right now. Vega 56 it is till then...

0 Likes
IRTimKerr
Journeyman III

I love AMD CPUs. I never have issues and for streaming, they can't be beat. Currently playing Fallout 76 (I'm addicted)

0 Likes
davidbor
Journeyman III

Hi! My current rig is currently down because my water cooler is having seizures whenever it is powered on. Currently trying to figure out if the problem is the power supply or the main board controlling the pump and fans. Cannot play games on the laptop. Strange start for 2022. 

0 Likes
lowell_seida
Journeyman III

The Bang & Olufsen speakers are great on my HP Ryzen 7 Envy

0 Likes
SamuriClown
Journeyman III

Just did a complete rebuild and used the Ryzen 9 5950X - Ryzen 9 5000 Series Vermeer Zen 3 16 Core3.4Ghz processor! Along with some other really nice parts. Check my full build on TWTR @IKnowGuy420 ! Good luck everyone!

frm
Journeyman III

on my new Msi  build I'm using a Amd  Athlon 3000g with Radeon Vega 3 graphics. But I'm on hold trying to get a good graphics card.  

fred medley

New to the community!

0 Likes
Angellarps
Journeyman III

Thanks for the oportunitu

0 Likes
dragoon21b
Journeyman III

Why not I'm feeling lucky!!

0 Likes
jeburnett
Journeyman III

Just got an RX6900 XTU to complement my 5950X system!

0 Likes
GPears0
Journeyman III

Hehe hi 🙂

WorkingCupid549
Journeyman III

I’ve just beat Witcher 2, now I’m moving on to Mass Effect: Andromeda. ME:LE was my first Mass Effect experience but it was one of the greatest series of games I’ve played. Recently picked up Andromeda on sale and can’t wait to get back into the ME universe.

Domingo314
Adept I

Did I already enter the contest?

1God1king
Adept I

Love Red let’s get it .

Let’s Go RED
Tobeistobex
Adept I

About to build my first gaming rig (also photo editing) for my 52nd birthday. Switching from a 9 year old Mac. 

To be is to be the value of a variable.
pgm88_2000
Journeyman III

Wow, I would gift a 3900X to my sister who is considering buying a desktop. 

Clemmer_CDA
Journeyman III

AMD creating great products across the spectrum of use cases! 

TheMilkManBaby
Journeyman III

FX-8350 best processor.

CosmicV
Adept I

Hi!

Thanks AMD for the Sweepstakes / giveaway.

As you know, many Gamers are out of luck with hardware due to the ~160% increase in prices (compared to MSRP) so these giveaways are really great for those few who are very very lucky.

I've had Radeon graphics for a long time (way back when they were made by ATI.. like the Rage Fury, 9800 Pro, X800 Pro, X1900 XT, HD 5770, etc.)

I had a HD 6870 and HD 7850 .. but I still remember the HD 5770 when I loaded up the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion... It ran amazingly fast compared to what I had before. It really blew me away to be able to play the game at a good resolution and framerate.

Gamers have been facing difficult times and having to make really difficult decisions for their PC parts now and I appreciate that AMD has been helping out Gamers in all the ways that they have.

I'm personally looking forward to the next generation GPUs (Radeon 7800 XT or such) because that's somewhat close around the corner and also most likely what I'll be able to obtain (as long as the mining dies down and inventory/stock becomes more available to stores at near MSRP).

Also I believe it's awesome that AMD made the FSR technology open source so that any developer can implement it into their games. It makes a big difference for a lot of people who can't afford the more expensive hardware.

This is my comment for the sweepstakes 🙂

Thanks for reading.

JerzDrew
Journeyman III

Have been playing a lot of Icarus

Tobeistobex
Adept I

I can’t wait to build my first gaming (and photo editing) rig. 

To be is to be the value of a variable.
thecjm
Journeyman III

Looking forward to a nice processor to pair with my AMD GPU!

oneslocamaro
Adept I

First thank you for doing these sweepstakes. Second that would be perfect for the new b550 motherboard I have that won't work with my first gen Ryzen cpu. 

bfoster68
Adept I

Long-time AMD user.

I have a system built with a 2700x and an RX 6700 XT. My kids have AMD systems for gaming. We are an AMD family, as long as you keep building a great product.

zbiggie
Journeyman III

easily the 6800xt I have. Really makes me want to get a 6900xt, but no need to bother this year. Will wait for top of the line card when the 7000 series comes out.

Man, I’ve wanted a 6900XT for forever. This silicon shortage is killing me 

[AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti]
ashurthelionheart
Journeyman III

Love AMD, will literally get nothing else. Haven't had the money to get a graphics card but this will make my desktop much better!

yippiekiyeh
Journeyman III

Free 3900x, yes sir!

eu4ia
Adept I

Currently playing FPS and gonna play some Dark Souls to prep for Elden Ring. I love the AMD CPU’s. Of the 5 chips I’ve used for various builds, 4 were AMD

[AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti]
Duh_buhl
Adept I

Good luck everyone!

Timothycleslie35
Journeyman III

Would love to build my new amd pc this year.

polypylo
Journeyman III

I know how sweepstakes work, and I know that only God can help me win. If I win, I win. I hope all of you have a great day.

P.S. I just like this picture, so enjoy.

maxresdefault.jpg

TinmanReed
Journeyman III

This would go a long way towards my next computer build.

0 Likes
darkmadcat1
Adept I

This would be a great upgrade haha, I’ve been playing a ton of Game Pass games and am looking forward to the new Rainbow Six game coming out. 

I would love to have another 3900X but to get a 3900XT would be great! Here is my current system.PXL_20211224_122153389b.MP.jpg

TURBOCAPSLOCK
Journeyman III

3900xt me please

0 Likes
Willad2022
Adept I

Hi!  I have had a lot of fun playing the Marvel Avengers game, and I recently beat the campaign story mode yesterday! 

0 Likes