cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
gregghunter
Adept I

Hi, first time caller, long-time fan and user.

danback
Adept I

Love Ryzen, cant wait to see what 2022 holds.  

danback
Adept I

Been playing some BF 2042 (Dont Judge me I sadly pre ordered it)  but am starting 7 days to die with a group and Dying light 2 soon.

timothycurtis85
Journeyman III

More cards please!

huntrs
Journeyman III

GO RED TEAM!

CH2
Journeyman III

Hi new in town don't talk much.

BigDonker
Journeyman III

Love my 5600x + rx 6800 Combo so far! 

cplifj
Elite

very nice offering, let's try and get lucky.

kc5thelement
Adept I

Long time AMD user and fan here. Always down for new AMD products!

kc5thelement
ScathArach
Adept II

Currently on an 1800X and would love this upgrade. I have been an AMD user since the Athlon days. I even stuck with FX waiting for AMD to come out with something new and competitive. I just think that AMD actually cares about their users unlike Intel. Can't wait until September of 2022 to build a new rig that will be all AMD a

tasnx3
Adept II

I've been playing Yakuza Like a Dragon on my trusty Vega 64

ktgrach
Adept I

Hopefully 2022 is a better year for everyone.

Odaharry
Adept I

Did I win? 

Odaharry
Adept I

What do I need for Witcher 3 at 4K 60 FPS max settings? 

m8hackr
Journeyman III

This would be a great upgrade from an R5 2600 I have running in a machine. This is a great gaming CPU, and MT performance is still amazing considering where we were just a few years ago. 

Amandahx39
Journeyman III

I swapped from an Intel i7 to a Ryzen 7 years and years ago, and just recently built a pc for someone with a Ryzen 9 3900X. I have to say I've never had issues with my AMD prcessors, no heat issues or anything of the sort, im hooked and will never swap back to Intel. 

darkchewie
Adept II

Happy New Year, everybody!

I've been mostly playing some Fallout 4 and New World lately, but Project Zomboid has piqued my interest especially with the expanded multiplayer. 

goldcode
Journeyman III

Hey! Lately, I have been playing lots of Valorant. My main is Sage.

Gendien
Journeyman III

Fantastic giveaway.

Thank you!

tolcheen
Adept II

I'm grateful for the Radeon 5700 non- xt I bought when I did and the long life of my RX 480 I put in my daughter's PC, cause I couldn't even get a RX460 for twice what I paid for the 5700 right now. Please keep supporting the RX480!

cplifj
Elite

ah yes, the small print: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. 

👎AMD

RansomEOlds
Adept I

Loving my 6700XT!

gamesjmdog
Adept I

I live streaming games with a 2700x, and a Radeon Vii, 2017" GPU has random studder and performance issues after installing new drivers,  if I go back to old drivers problem is still persistent. stock drivers cause issues with black screen and flickering. it must be something to do with windows 10, but no idea. since newer updates had something to do with GPU performance and it lowered the cards boost rate while gaming.

I have a 9590 build from 2013 with a 750 ti, I use to live stream Csgo with that pc, I  had less issues.

massive issues with the Radeon Vii, that's been a problem since it's launch, but everything else seems fine some drivers fix the issues. but it seems like my card is stuck from getting it's correct clock speed, I have to force overclock it to get more power out of it. it won't auto boost clock it seems like only some games are good to play with the card, don't work, I had issues with division 2 for a long time as well.

I had RMA 2 cards before this seems this one seems to be working better then the other two, The original card had no issues with getting it's own boost to auto go, I never overclocked the card, all my problems, came from playing Call of duty warzone, my card would drop to 100mhz and reset my pc, the card stopped working on all other games.

I had to rma it, second card was doing flickering and had the same issue, it would, not boost clock or overclock,  third card has problem with boost clock well it seems to hold the forced overclock of 1750, I have seen other people on youtube videos get 1800+ with stable fps, I play a lot of csgo and my card stutters/ freezes, I only get 200 fps I seen video's of people getting 300-400.

I just wish if we could get a recall or a refund on the radian vii since my has had issues and it was discontinued after 6 months.

Have you tried to download MSI afterburner and disable ULPS? ULPS basically puts your card in low power state when the GPU doesn't need that much power. However, AMD cards have a problem where it goes into that power state even though it needs the power when playing games. I did this with my RX 5600XT and it fixed almost all the stutters. 

phunt315
Journeyman III

Nive cpu

0 Likes
gendoslice
Journeyman III

Wow it would be great to upgrade to this processor and to finally finish my children's roblox computer, waiting for their daddy to upgrade his psu lol. Good luck to everyone.

feiling
Adept I

A bit busy currently and therefore not playing a whole lot right now 😐

0 Likes
fourzeronin
Adept I

MOAR COREZ!

0 Likes
Giovanni2
Journeyman III

I'm still using my 280x but one day right???

84TAVeRT
Journeyman III

I could really use this cpu.

I have been wanting to build another amd system for a while now.

I love amd cpus and gpus

Thanks,

Chris

Thedanz2000
Journeyman III

I've enjoyed my R5 3600X would be nice to see what a R9 3900XT can do!

10000Sandwiches
Journeyman III

I sure do enjoy replying to these threads. As a completely unrelated side note, how's this hierarchy work? Is journeyman higher than novice, a title I picked completely arbitrarily and not related to this contest?

0 Likes
Gilgauser
Journeyman III

Dope

Hi

aldino
Journeyman III

Greetings!

lambduh
Adept I

Count me in!

greydog5
Adept II

so nice

FMB
DAAkersELP
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have been using the AMD processors for some time. They have always been the first processor of choice for me. I currently have the 5600X and 3600X on two different PC's and it has been great. I would love to get my hands on the new XT video cards but due shortage of video cards I am waiting.

lvskiprof
Adept I

I have been wanting to upgrade my dual dual-core Phenom system to a Ryzen for a while now.  I upgraded to a Ryzen laptop last year, so it is time to upgrade my workstation!

Mike Riley (lvskiprof)
EtsuRah
Journeyman III

Just bought a 5800X! Loving it so far. Looking to add another for my living room gaming/media server.