cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
solarstylus
Journeyman III

Go team Red!!!

fulltilt007
Adept I

Hi

anonymoususer
Journeyman III

I prefer Ryzen 5 5600X. The Ryzen 5 5600X is a stonkingly fast gaming CPU, offering clear gains over its Intel Core i5 rival. It might cost slightly more overall, but its faster gaming speeds, excellent power efficiency make it my new CPU of choice for new budget PC builders.

Like...

• Huge gaming performance gains at 1080p over the competition
  • Very power efficient.

Dislike...

• More expensive than the 3600X and Intel Core i5-10600K at launch
gaschalk
Journeyman III

I am surprised that AMD is offering a Monthly Sweepstakes.  I have owned AMD chips since just after the company bought out the Canadian graphics card company.  I wish I could remember their name.

The name of the company AMD bought out was ATI.

Hi, yeah remember ATI, back then they where the bomb, in terms of GPU processing power! I am currently holding in my hand the ATI 128 Pro Rage card, that I ripped out of an old Dell system I found laying around. I am thinking of trying to hook it up to a Raspberry PI board and see what I can do with it, just for fun! Bring back some good memories.

ashton
Adept II

After losing my rig a few years back I would love to get a great CPU to hold down the processing fort!

W0W!!! 3900xt eh.....that would be sweet in any rig man ......sure would up date my ryzen 1800x very very well ....awesome man ...thanks for the give away and good luck to all......waasshhooooooooo   

howardmw
Journeyman III

Hi, been an AMD fan for almost 20 years now. Love the new Ryzen Processors, also big AMD Radeon Fan. I currently play World of Warcraft, Diablo II and III. The reliability of your products is outstanding. I have never had any hiccups or serious problems with your processors or video cards. Not even an installation problem. Keep up the great work.

Kenge84
Journeyman III

Really hope I can win for once in my life.

blazer
Adept III

Hi, I have been team red for as long as I have been building computers, my current CPU is a Ryzen 5800X, so I don't know if that CPU would be an upgrade, or not. Sure it would have more cores, but for gaming I don't know if it would be faster or not, but I wouldn't turn it down if I won it. 🙂

dude hi! or Hi dude

0 Likes
mdfx
Adept II

My favorite AMD product is Sempron 2600+ (Thoroughbred), still using it.

marcolou
Adept I

Hi Go Red

jaduvall23
Journeyman III

Good luck everyone. Quick question: Is anyone planning on upgrading their mobo if they win the CPU, or do you think your current one is good enough. I personally have an older B350 that I think I would upgrade for this 3900XT.

Phlash
Journeyman III

Hello,

Currently running a 2700X so this would be a nice upgrade. Now if only I could replace my RX 580...

EddieCane330
Journeyman III

I play mainly battle royal and Halo currently. Built my first Pc in Jan of 2019 with a 2600x and now have a 3600x. 

misterleed
Journeyman III

I have been using only AMD chips since 1996

Valkyriel
Journeyman III

Cool

KJ7OFH
Journeyman III

I'm replying, but am I winning? Probably not.

Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Hello to the whole AMD community, I used to sit on nvidia cards, but due to mining, switched to Amd rx6000 products, at first it was very unusual, but with time I figured out the software more, the only thing missing is one of the points in the drivers, namely: there is no function to enable Freesync in windowed mode, works only in full screen mode, Nvidia had a choice of either one or the other, I hope this function will be added to the driver, thank you all, and good luck!)

jhy
Adept I

Hi! using 2700x and 5700xt, started sekiro yesterday and haven't had much fun yet but planning to master it!

TechPappee
Journeyman III

This would be a sweet addition to my rig! ❤️ what AMD is doing!

vialli100
Forerunner

At the moment I am playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice again.. In HDR this time..

Just got a freesync 32" monitor and my RX580 Nitro+ is hitting around 100fps..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
Wolfmansr
Journeyman III

hi

CrazyBeard
Journeyman III

Thank you for the sweepstakes!

Ronu1211
Journeyman III

I'm somewhat new to amd ryzen and was wondering what is the difference in the chips. I have a ryzen 7 5800x is the ryzen 9 3000 series better?

DMK-_-
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600x best investment I've ever made.

ritsu
Journeyman III

Always great seeing friendly contests from companies like AMD

Riptide_NVN
Journeyman III

Hi! Happy to enter the contest and I hope everyone has a good week and enjoys their AMD gear.

glutenfree
Adept I

Thanks AMD!
Been playing more Rust lately...if anyone is looking to play together, HMU

mik3655
Adept II

Team red 4 life!

Love AMD products, and this CPU would be put to good use,   "Feel the power of AMD".💪

Quite a few years ago I built a computer with the FX 8350 Eight-Core processor. Still using it today.

generalchaos
Adept II

Hi im am Down for it im Still Down for a Revival of AMD Test Drive again 2013 i Greatly Miss North America Influencer 

@Ronu1211 Welcome to Red Team! Click here to check out our AMD Product Specifications page. You'll want to click on the "Desktop and Mobile Processors" tile, then check the boxes of the processors you're looking to compare.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
drpluto
Adept III

I upgraded from an A10-7870k computer to  a Ryzen 7 5800x .. I'm very pleased with the performance

Kel
Adept I

I've been with AMD for over 10 years. 

deadbolt
Adept II

I could use the CPU boost. Still running Ryzen 5 2600.

Key-J
Paragon

I'm replying in the thread in hopes that by the end of the entry period I will have reached the required NOVICE III level.

Right now I have been playing a lot of World War 3 to pass the time. My buddies and I are thinking of getting back into Sea of Thieves or ARK: Survival Evolved. My best friend and I have just started up a Twitch channel and will do our first stream this coming Saturday so we are pretty excited about this new hobby!

I highly recommend if anyone is looking for a great game to play with one person specifically, they should play It Takes Two. If they are looking for something that is more team orientated, they should play Sea Of Thieves or Deeprock Galactic.

I've heard rumours of a Twisted Metal remake, so I'm looking forward to that! As well as any details on ARK: 2 which is supposed to be launching this year.

Good luck everyone!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!