cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January

Hey everyone, the January Sweepstakes is now closed and the winner will be contacted via PM and email. Be on the lookout for the February Sweepstakes thread, coming soon!

Happy New Year, Red Team!

We’re kicking things off with a monthly sweepstakes, and our first lucky winner will get an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT Processor (without cooler)!

ryzen_9_3900xt_processor_without_cooler.jpg
Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III.
(Hint: you can level up by participating in discussions!)

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi. 🙂

Example reply:

a. “Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

3. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

mario.PNG

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
1,147 Replies
orbitech
Adept II

Hello, I've been rocking with AMD product's for decades, long before they became popular. I'm looking forward to the next GPU releases, and am in awe of the progress the CPU's have made! Seriously though, all there competition seem to be in trouble! LMAO! I see the competition is only open to US and Canada, 😢 @Ashley_AMD . I'm looking forward to a world wide AMD promo-competition! Team Red for ever! Good luck everyone!

Darkseid913
Journeyman III

When I was buying my First gaming Rig choosing my first prosses was a big step for me and I was still new to the world of building a PC and ultimately decided to go with Alienware(unfortunately). But when choosing the processor I probably spent a total of 4+ hours watching diff vids on the diff between AMD and Intel and Nvida. and Ultimately for the price and what I wanted from my PC I went with AMD and have only regretted  getting the 7 instead of the 9  Otherwise I'm absolutely happy

0 Likes
aroryborealis
Adept II

Always enjoy a chance to get a killer processor.  I have built Red systems exclusively and will likely continue to.  Rocking a nice little 3600 now that I bumped up from a 2600x (thanks for longevity!).  I recently also built a 1600AF. 

0 Likes
Cymen
Journeyman III

I think my favorite product is the 5950x. Amazing CPU that can be used at home with regular motherboards.

0 Likes
Kakudiego
Journeyman III

Come to me 🤣

I would love to win this.

Happy New Year

I could certainly use an upgrade for my i7 4790K...lol

0 Likes

Huge fan of the AMD  product lines.

I got back into PC building in 2018. Just in time for for the 2000 series CPU/APUs.

I've built 8 PCs (not all for me) in that time and 7 of them have been AMD builds, mainly because of the price to performance comparisons done before each build.

Go team Red.

0 Likes
damric
Adept II

Well I already play the Thursday sweepstakes and I lose every time, every Thursday because AMD store cannot seem to verify the difference between bots and people. Hint: you should have to register with something unique like a driver's license number that gets verified.

So what the hell, let me try and win this old Ryzen 2 WITHOUT COOLER BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY WE NEED TO SELL THE WRAITH PRISMS IN THE STORE!!!

0 Likes
wheelzup
Adept I

Currently I've been playing two games, Halo, and Diablo 3. Waiting for the new Rebellion game Sniper 5. I wish I could afford to get a new GPU to replace a pair of 390's running in Crossfire mode.

louiem
Adept I

Been currently playing through Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and still playing Red Dead Redemption 2.  Both have been pretty relaxing games.  A 3900XT would be a pretty massive upgrade to the heavily multi-threaded stuff I do like Photoshop painting and Game Art.

3900x would be a great improvement for most!

0 Likes
complxpr
Journeyman III

Hello team AMD 

I seen how the team cares about the gaming community and i love how you talk about the issues some cards can have while gaming and y'all quickly fix it the issue and give details how it was fix  this has made me really loyal to this team keep the great work.

AMDUsername73
Journeyman III

Been building AMD PCs for many years and their quality is always top notch!!

0 Likes
Lagwagon
Journeyman III

I been running AMD since the 90s and have been been using them for most of my computer needs since then from the K6-2, Athalon MP, Athalon 4200 x2, Ryzen 3900x and 5900. I am so happy that are competitive again just wish i could get a VID card to round my system out in Team Red. 

stevecapell
Journeyman III

Fantastic opportunity to win the best! Thanks so much~! 

0 Likes
fireraven
Journeyman III

Happy New Year & Game On Everyone!

dougkl
Adept I

I am in!

therdrinkinggeek
Journeyman III

I would love this boost in power so I could invest in a newer MOBO. Mine is definitely getting long in the tooth in terms of support.

TMJ82
Journeyman III

🙂

noobslammed82
Journeyman III

I wouldn't mind getting that cpu to upgrade my 2600x

maxius
Adept I

Hi. This is a trap isn't it🤔

dbbreaker
Journeyman III

Happy New Year to everyone 2022!

Let's do this!

Gil_Graham
Journeyman III

YES

0 Likes
ExpendableTango
Journeyman III

I just got a new AIO cooler for a 2700X, have a new CPU to put under it would be great!

0 Likes

We have several AMD powered computers; Two 2400g's, two 3700x's. Two 5700g's. a 3950 liquid cooled system with a 6800xt tuf gaming gpu, and a few others. We are huge AMD fans and love the new products..

0 Likes

I've been an Amd cpu fan since the early 90's. Although I've never used a gpu from AMD.

thow09
Journeyman III

I have the 6800xt in my rig. I have been digging it ever since I've put it in. 

0 Likes
Miky2134
Journeyman III

I love amd did my first build recently with a 2600 and 5700xt 

0 Likes
Legend15
Journeyman III

hope I win this way better than intel

btebeau
Journeyman III

Currently have a 3900x.  Excited as to what this year will bring in new CPUs!

0 Likes
lorddarkhelmet
Adept III

Very cool giveaway , I hope we get those VLans this year , really miss , meeting with the streamers and playing games with them .

JOKERSKACORE
Journeyman III

AMD are the best for gaming 👌 

blackvan7845
Journeyman III

RYZZEN IS MY FAV PRODUCT.

AM A NEWBIE. MY RIGS ARE ANCIENT BUT WILL UPGRADE IN 2022

aCyborg
Journeyman III

I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn lately, it's pretty fun but at times there are points where it feels empty or repetitive 

0 Likes
Pugnacious
Adept I

Woo!  Sweepstakes!

I love Amd, 6900xt solid Rock

0 Likes

Thanks for the sweepstakes!

Jonathan Raloff
jraloff@hotmail.com
0 Likes
Neldrake01
Journeyman III

This would be a nice upgrade to my rig.

0 Likes
bobpi
Adept III

I always use and recommend AMD CPUs and AMD graphics due to the superior design (mainly shorter logic pipelines which mostly outperform higher speeds someone else makes by increasing logic pipelines).

However, I am stuck right now with FX processors running Windows 7 because I do not like Windows 10 or 11. But I do use somewhat newer RX 5500XT and RX 580 video cards (Newer than that is too expensive right now.). I do not see Linux as a viable alternative for me right now. I do know Unix from my mainframe days so I understand it.

I mainly play Java Minecraft as far as games (But occasionally try other games.). I also watch a lot of anime because my systems are Home Theaters also.

If I win I will have to think about some upgrading though and beating Windows 11 into submission especially when it comes to security and privacy (And also stop it from sending data to Microsoft because I have limited data on my satellite internet [I live in the middle of nowhere]).

mkehhlt
Journeyman III

oh this would be nice upgrade.  I am AMD all the way CPUs and Video cards my red devil 5700XT card is awewsome would love to get a 6800 or 6900 card someday.

0 Likes