cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Ahnicron
Adept I

PC Fishing games

I'm an RPG, simulator,city builder gamer. Skyrim - Valhalla, Roller Coaster Tycoon to City Skylines and so on. But lately, with all the chaos going on in the world today, I've been dreaming about the peace and quiet of sitting on a bank and throwing my line in the water to catch some fish while listening to the sounds of nature. I haven't been fishing in about 20 years or so, life gave me some twist and turns. So Fishing games came to mind and I found a few I really like. To say I've become a bit obsessed with them is a slight understatement. I was curious if anyone else here likes to play these games. There are three that i spend all my time on now. The Ultimate Fishing Simulator, Fishing Planet and The Catch: Carp and Course are my go to games right now. Have any of you all played these before? What did/ do you think of them? Do you still play them? until I can afford to get a real rod and reel setup, these games are all I can hope for to take me away from these strange times we're living.

I'm just a fool on the hill.
1 Solution

@rdenmon 

I just looked it up! Here is a screenshot:

Rapala Pro FishingRapala Pro Fishing

I just had no idea Fishing Games can be so rich in content, gameplay, and in the market! I learned something new today especially the fact that you can go fishing in Far Cry and RDR2?!?! Yay! 

Far Cry 6Far Cry 6RDR2RDR2 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @Ahnicron 

To be honest, I never thought about fishing games. But I do remember seeing a few on the shelves of retailers like Game Stop, a long time ago. That being said, I did enjoy playing a few simulators, specifically flight-sims (from Falcon 6.0 - remember? - all the way to the recent Microsoft's Sims). 

Do you have any screenshots of the fishing games you're playing? I'm sure we'd enjoy them...😎

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Wow, Falcon was a long time ago! I've only played one or two of the Microsoft flight sims. Never really had the cpu or graphics power when I did try them. wasn't until recently that I got into the fishing games. Just looking for something different you know? I do have a few screenshots so I'll try to post one or two up here for others to get a idea of what they are like. Most importantly though, I'm playing on an all Asrock AMD Desktop! Thanks for the reply SAM AMD!

3f77814e-26ea-4812-a100-fbd2ef2ed012.jpg

This shot is from the best of the Fishing games I've tried. The Catch : Carp and Course. It looks so good on my RX 5500 XT with only 4GBs. Would love to see it on a 8GB card! Of course the Ryzen 5 3600 6 core is perfect for it!

T20220110193552_1.jpg

Not the best, but a quick SS from the Ultimate Fishing Simulator.

I haven't played a game based on fishing, but I do love fishing in other games. I've had a good time doing it in Red Dead Online - such beautiful scenery and the fishing gameplay is pretty alrighty (imo). 

I totally hear you though regarding wanting a chill, peaceful vibe when gaming. That's been my preference recently - wanting to play something relaxing.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

I haven't gotten to Red Dead fishing yet. It is a beautiful game. I'm waiting to finish AC Valhalla then I'll work on RDR2 and try the fishing on it. Valhalla is the reason for wanting a chill game as it can be pretty brutal, but it sure is fun. thanks to this AMD system I can run it at med-high settings and it's awesome! I'm hoping to upgrade my monitor from 1080p in the next couple of months, if the wife lets me 😉 !

Rapala pro fishing was a good one, i think they've updated it few times. but I remember one from early 2000s that was fun.

@rdenmon 

I just looked it up! Here is a screenshot:

Rapala Pro FishingRapala Pro Fishing

I just had no idea Fishing Games can be so rich in content, gameplay, and in the market! I learned something new today especially the fact that you can go fishing in Far Cry and RDR2?!?! Yay! 

Far Cry 6Far Cry 6RDR2RDR2 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

I didn't know about FC 6, but I heard about RDR2 and am looking forward to see how accurate or at least fun the fishing is. It kinda fun in AC Valhalla but very simple. Real easy if you use a bow :-)!

Well Done! Nice screen grabs by the way.

Key-J
Paragon

I've never played a dedicated fishing video game - unless you count the games you used to see in arcades back in the day:

1181242158205.jpg

However, I have spent a lot of time fishing in games. Much like mentioned above, it is a great way to break up the repeated gameplay and honestly sometimes a fantastic way to accomplish items while taking it easy.

I've quite enjoyed fishing in both Sea of Thieves and New World.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
felixlucid
Adept I

I'd say your best bet for a killer Fishing Game on PC would be to browse the VR Library of Steam and get yourself a fully immersive experience with one of the Fishing Simulators they have!

The Ultimate Fishing Simulator has a VR version, but I've never tried or know anyone who has a VR setup. Just can't afford it. But it does look like fun!
tredeuce
Adept III

I have never really been interested in fishing, so I have never thought about the existence of fishing games. I hope that they would be less tedious and more involved than fishing in real life.  You can set out all day and catch nothing but sunburn. I suppose at least if you were at home, there would be AC and you could have fish delivered if you did not catch anything.

SOOPS
Adept I

I'm not in to fishing in any way irl, but there's something almost therapeutic about sitting on the banks and casting a line in RDR2.

Just have to make sure you watch your back or you might get taken down by a bear or a cougar.

TR2
Adept III

Fishing games, hmmm. I last played The Strike-Bass Pro Shops on the Nintendo Wii not long ago. When covid hit had to find something fun for the grandkids so I broke out the old Wii. I am interested in some of the PC fishing games and I'm not much of a gamer. Will have to try some and see. Do I have to use steam to play games?

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hi everyone, I have to ask, do fishing games have a 1 v 1 or multiplayer mode? 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Apparently Euro Fishing is a multiplayer game. Looks neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJNZFZY_U1I

Steam is required for most if not all that I've tried. But I believe there are some that are stand alone, no steam required.
0 Likes

Question. Can you / everyone post a "funny", or an "OMG" screenshot of the fishing game you are playing?

I'm imagining the fisher catching a big one just to see it slip away, or while fishing, a fish jumps into the boat..., or the character/NPC being "slapped" in the face by a fish (tail), which is turn jumps back in the water. Do moments like these happen? 😉

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Which can we do with the PC Game. What are the requirements to play the games on PC

0 Likes