Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

PC Cases (ATX specifically)

Hello friends! 

I may or may not be prepping to build my first PC 🤠

Wanted to see if you all had any recommendations for PC cases you love. I'm looking for one that's ATX specifically and white. Huge plus if it includes fans/RGB, but not a deal-breaker. 

I do have some I've seen that I'm slightly interested in.. but I really wanna hear from the experts in the Red Team! 

Thanks in advance for your expertise. 😁

giphy.gif

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
18 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

The case should, in my opinion, be a reflection of yourself, but the complete opposite is also a way to go.

Avoid a fancy case or something disconnected from you, or you will get tired of it. 

I prefer sober, efficient and easy to build. Thats why I ended on a Corsair Obsidian 450d airflow. Still a awesome case today, doesnt feel old till you look at the frontal bays.. Maybe.

Next case Ill either keep the same style and grab the 5000D airflow or go the Opposite way and get the RoG Helios White. 

Good Luck with the Build 😀

The Englishman

Really like my Corsair 5000D. Its got decent room inside, but not some monster sized case thats too big for desktop display.

----------------------
June 2022 Rig of the Month -AMD Ryzen 5900X, Asus Tuf Gaming 6900XT
Justifier
Challenger

I'd recommend the following:

be quiet! Pure Base 500DX White

Premium focus

• +Controls/mitigates any potential coil whine
  • +Higher focus on quality over flashy, still plenty flashy though
  • +comes with 3x pure wing 2 fans
  • -Kind of chonky
  • -Some favor more RGB

be quiet! Silent Base 802

Premium focus+

• +Fancier version of the above
  • -More expensive than the above

darkFlash DLC 29

Performance Focus

• +extreme rig cooling potential
  • -very pricey
  • -no fans
  • -no viewing glass
  • -going to have to deal with dust buildup over time

Segotep T1

Cool factor focus, Glass on right side of case for left side displaying

*Highly recommend using a AIO if you're going to consider this one, as the GPU blocks airflow over a tower cooler. Front mounted 280mm would be my recommendation. If you don't want to/can't go for that then don't consider this.

• +Extremely unique, 280° motherboard. Allows you to reach your mobo IO without having to get behind the PC
  • +VERY easy to build in
  • +GPU already mounted "vertically"
  • -Pretty huge
  • -Air cooling extremely unrecommended, basically forced to go with watercooling with these cases
  • -Pricy
  • -no fans included
14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers

New addition because it's freaking awesome af

Geometric Future M8 Cowboy Mid Tower E-ATX/ATX Gaming Case, Aluminum/Cowhide/Glass/1.0mm Steel, Vert...

There's a white version of this case as well if you haven't gotten one yet, and its on sale

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
0 Likes
Sky119_
Adept I

i personaly like the looks and reveiws of the Be Quiet! 500DX. i will buy it when i have money but idk how good it will be yet. good luck though

Key-J
Paragon

I've always had a love for CoolerMaster cases, especially the HAF series.

So I would recommend the HAF 500 Mid Tower

haf500-gallery-6-image

It does come with the RGB fans that you love

haf500-gallery-11-image

You will find other neat features, along with the standard ones like cable management and such. These features are like a removable top panel, and a pivoting internal fan.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
vialli100
Forerunner

The one I have now is the Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Temp Glass (Gunmetal)..

It is a brilliant case, comes with 3x Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-14 140mm black case fans..

Nexus+ smart hub (not in use).. 

The thermals are brilliant... Dust is very minimal due to the very good filters..

Define R6 USB-C Tempered Glass — Fractal Design (fractal-design.com)

Comes in White too..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Whatever case has great air flow ... fits in  your budget ..  has room to manage your cables efficiently ..  .. and looks good to you

That is the case you should get. Check for reviews before buying anything

..and remember .. Don't skimp on the power supply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ

ThreeDee PC specs
tredeuce
Adept III

I have a Phanteks Enthoo Pro (which does come in white) and I really like it. I do think that PC cases are like clothing or jewelry in that they can be unique to each person. Form and function are important, but I also wanted a case that looked good too. I researched a bunch of different cases, specs, and videos. This one just spoke to me.

0 Likes
red5
Miniboss

Lots of good suggestions on specific cases. I'll go in another direction and tell you what I WOULD NOT buy.  Anything from DIY PC.  I've built a couple systems for other people in their cases, and the airflow tends to be atrocious. They also include very low-power fans. My son had actually been using one for a while, and just upgraded to a Lian Li.  The DIY PC case had multiple layers of filtering and interference on the fan openings. At one point we did an 'operation' and removed some mesh material and bits of plastic.  It helped a little, but not much.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I mostly build my own 'cases', but if you want quality at a decent price, I really like the Lian Li series, especially the Dynamic XL which I have.  

But again, I like to build my own - like Purrfection shown here:

Yes, it's a cat carrier.  And why not?  I love cats and  I take care of rescue cats in retirement.Yes, it's a cat carrier. And why not? I love cats and I take care of rescue cats in retirement.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
lowteck
Miniboss

Guided my oldest son on his 1st build.

He picked this case:

https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-FD-CA-Focus-WT-W-Tower-Computer/dp/B071G4KDKG/ref=asc_df_B071G...

Very economical price, great looks, design, airflow.

Was super easy to build.

No RGB, but that just highlights his cpu cooler, memory, & gpu lighting.

GLHF,

low

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
0 Likes
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I'm bias towards the Be Quiet Silent Base 802. I have the black version, but the white version would obviously be the same. Airflow isn't an issue whatsoever and I just love the clean look of it. It is a bigger ATX Case, so keep that in mind if you're really looking for a mid-tower ATX case. But my Top 3 case votes would be:

• Be Quiet Silent Base 802 White
  • Corsair 4000D Airflow White
  • NZXT H7/510 Flow (Both options come in white)

Be sure to show us some pics when you decide and completed the finish project. Good luck!

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
jamesc359
Forerunner

I built in a ThermalTake S100 Snow Edition. Overall I really like it for a budget case. For a flat front panel it's got decent airflow and has a really nice modern aesthetic. It's really clean and sleek, which appeals to me. My only complaint with the case is that the front panel has those large bulbous plastic clips you have to squeeze to remove. It has to be removed to install fans/radiator in the front. It's also a MicroATX...

The only reason I chose the S100 though is because at the time the white MetallicGear NEO Qube (which is a full ATX) was sold out everywhere. It's in stock and available now, so that'd be my choice if I were to do it over again.

TR2
Adept III

Well never had a white case but I do have a pearl finish on one that I "retired". Cases are kind of tricky because of their intended use... general, gaming, productivity, or the old one size fits all brand.  I have used Coolermaster, Thermaltake, Fractal and quite a few others. I like to have external bays( yeah I Know those are outdated but I still use my blueray burner). I want usb and audio ports on the front-not the side or the top or behind a door. Then size can be a factor. My Thermaltake V51 is 21.25 inches high and as such it has great airflow and room to work, but it is pretty big. My Fractal Focus G(blue) is 17.5 inches high and still has good air flow but it is a little more interesting for cable management and overall ease of access. The Focus G has the usb ports on top but is still a decent case. The Focus G does come in white and is not a bad price. A good well thought out case choice can last you a long time. My Thermaltake is on its 3rd makeover and still keeps rocking. RGB can spruce up any case and with a bigger case you can slow the fans down to reduce the dbs ( the sound of silence).

Vynski
Exemplar

It depends mainly on what your computer is going to be used for and the components your going to have in it.

I've been building desktop systems since 1988.  Used a lot of different brands and styles.  

I do not like having my desktop sitting on the desk, so I prefer something similar to a full tower case.

Lok at the available space inside the case.  Heat is your biggest enemy and a cramped case does not allow good airflow.

So for what it is worth, here is my 2 cents.  Any of the following 3:

Lian Li (Always top notch)

Corsair Crystal Series 680X (I have a 540 AIR, which is the predecessor of the 680)

Metallic Gear Neo Cube (I have one of these and really love it)

Good luck on your build and have fun, fun, fun, till your daddy takes your T-Bird away!

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Vynski
Exemplar

It depends mainly on what your computer is going to be used for and the components your going to have in it.

I've been building desktop systems since 1988.  Used a lot of different brands and styles.  

I do not like having my desktop sitting on the desk, so I prefer something similar to a full tower case.

Lok at the available space inside the case.  Heat is your biggest enemy and a cramped case does not allow good airflow.

So for what it is worth, here is my 2 cents.  Any of the following 3:

Lian Li (Always top notch)

Corsair Crystal Series 680X (I have a 540 AIR, which is the predecessor of the 680)

Metallic Gear Neo Cube (I have one of these and really love it)

Good luck on your build and have fun, fun, fun, till your daddy takes your T-Bird away!

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"