cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Chimples
Adept I

Novice III

Wondering if there is certain criteria to "level up" from Newcomer to Novice III etc.

2 Solutions
Key-J
Paragon

I'm not sure of the levels, and how you progress through them specifically - but from my own experience I can assure you that participating in conversations, giving likes where possible and starting topics will generally get you out of Newcomer in an appropriate amount of time.

Besides, you might come for the giveaway - but you will probably find a fun community worth staying in!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

View solution in original post

Hi, all!

Thank you for the feedback regarding ranks. As @Sam_AMD mentioned, we’re here to listen and make improvements, so your input is greatly appreciated. I’m working to create some documentation to help provide more insight into the ranking system. For now, here is some basic information:

• There are a total of 20 ranks.

1 Newcomer
    2 Novice I
    3 Novice II
    4 Novice III
    5 Journeyman I
    6 Journeyman II
    7 Journeyman III
    8 Adept I
    9 Adept II
    10 Adept III
    11 Elite
    12 Challenger
    13 Miniboss
    14 Forerunner
    15 Paragon
    16 Exemplar
    17 Grandmaster
    18 Big Boss
    19 MVP
    20 VIP

• Moving up the ranks is based on your activities, for instance starting a new discussion, “Liking”, “Accepting a Solution”, “Replying”, “Tagging” and how long you’ve been a member of the community.
  • For example, to move from “Newcomer” to “Novice I”, you need to “Like” and “Tag” once, and your account must be at least 24-hours old.

Please hang tight, as mentioned, I’ll work on some documentation and will share it with you all in the Help section when it's ready. 🙂 
---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

View solution in original post

53 Replies

I believe it depends on how active you are at AMD Forums.

How many badges you have qualified for based on how many posts and replies you have made?

Does anyone know what the levels actually are prior to getting to novice III?

Is this thread's subject concerning the qualifications for joining the AMD Monthly Give Away here at AMD Forum where you need to be at least a Novice III to particitpate?

I believe it is, yes. Also, there isn't anywhere (I've found) to see what the actual levels are between those stages. Thanks! 

Key-J
Paragon

I'm not sure of the levels, and how you progress through them specifically - but from my own experience I can assure you that participating in conversations, giving likes where possible and starting topics will generally get you out of Newcomer in an appropriate amount of time.

Besides, you might come for the giveaway - but you will probably find a fun community worth staying in!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

That's what I am hoping, I enjoy a good ranking system as much as the next lad, but when you have no idea what or how to get anything it seems arbitrary!

Yeah came for the giveaway, stayed for the fam. Been using ADM for a long time, not super techy but like really dig it

I was wondering the same thing the other night.  I thought that the list of ranks must be published somewhere but I searched for a while, and I couldn't find anything about it.  Would be nice to at least see the list of named ranks, the actual qualifications to get there would be a bonus.  I assume my Adept I rank is above Novice III but honestly I'm not sure LOL

Hello, @Chimples , everyone! 

It's a great question! Please give me some time to see if I can share the rankings with you, and the rest of the community. 

Hi @porcelainmouse 

About your comment "This is just like AMD...". I welcome it, but, know that myself, and my colleague @Ashley_AMD are here to help you; we're listening, monitoring, moderating, responding as much as we can. As mentioned above, I'll do my best to get you more insight into our ranking.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Hi, all!

Thank you for the feedback regarding ranks. As @Sam_AMD mentioned, we’re here to listen and make improvements, so your input is greatly appreciated. I’m working to create some documentation to help provide more insight into the ranking system. For now, here is some basic information:

• There are a total of 20 ranks.

1 Newcomer
    2 Novice I
    3 Novice II
    4 Novice III
    5 Journeyman I
    6 Journeyman II
    7 Journeyman III
    8 Adept I
    9 Adept II
    10 Adept III
    11 Elite
    12 Challenger
    13 Miniboss
    14 Forerunner
    15 Paragon
    16 Exemplar
    17 Grandmaster
    18 Big Boss
    19 MVP
    20 VIP

• Moving up the ranks is based on your activities, for instance starting a new discussion, “Liking”, “Accepting a Solution”, “Replying”, “Tagging” and how long you’ve been a member of the community.
  • For example, to move from “Newcomer” to “Novice I”, you need to “Like” and “Tag” once, and your account must be at least 24-hours old.

Please hang tight, as mentioned, I’ll work on some documentation and will share it with you all in the Help section when it's ready. 🙂 
---
Ashley

This really helps, thanks!  Glad I'm above that level lol as a journeyman...guess I skipped some levels

Me wishes me was you .I am pushing to reach noviceIII before the month ends

GON

Thanks very much for your time on this! It seems that quite a few of us definitely appreciate it! It gives me something to shoot for in the future. Cheers!

Thank you for the update!!

I was wondering what I had to do to advance and now I know, thanks a bunch, I feel less intimidated now.

Cheers .,. Bob

重在参与

大家好!

RANK ME UP😎

Seriously, Ash.

How many hours/beers did it take your and Sam's "team" to come up with these ranking names???

An all-night process that ended in a near black-out is my best guess.

Cheers,

low

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...

@lowteck LOL that's a good question - they were already established when I came on board. xD 

---
Ashley

Great question @lowteck !

We had numerous meetings/discussions about the names. For a while, we considered using gaming-centric names, mainly based on FPS's common ranks. We also thought about going with scientific terms, specifically, in computing, using FLOP (i.e., teraflop, megaflop, etc.); but as you can see we decided to go with something a bit more "global". 

PS. We did have a few complains about "Noob" by those that aren't in gaming, they though it was offensive...so we changed it right away. 😅

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

thanks

Awesome! Thank you, i was curious about this 🙂 

0 Likes

Rütbemi nasıl görüp, öğreneceğim ?

Top right hand corner ,click profile.

You are Adept I

Cheers,

low

thank you 🙂

Is the detailed documentation in the "help" section yet ???

cheers,

low

@lowteck It's a work in progress with formatting, but technically available: https://community.amd.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/ranks_faq 

---
Ashley

Thanks

GON

Thanks for the info!

I'm tryna get me a novice III in order to participate in monthly AMD giveawyas lol, see ya out here sometime!

Thank You! this is very helpful info! I just hope I can rank up soon 😛

SonicBoomer

@SonicBoomer24 Happy to help. I'm sure you'll level up in no time! 😊

giphy

---
Ashley

Useful summary.  Many thanks!

Thanks for the info. Now to move up the tiers...

@Falangist Welcome! Take a look around and feel free to chat - it'll level ya up a bit faster! 🙂

giphy

---
Ashley

Everyone in this thread:

shy-sad

@Ashley_AMD immediately:

i-have-just-met-you-and-i-love-you-funny-animals

😋

----------

LMAO @Key-J YES! 😂😊

---
Ashley

Nice this is going to help noobs allot

Fro

Thank you very much for the information.

He was pretty lost.

Thank you for info.