Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Modern Warfare 2 - Thoughts?

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-button-02-1653417394041.jpg

So, unless you've been living under a rock you may have been absolutely FLOODED by all the information and news from COD NEXT today regarding MW2 (2022) today. If not, here are some key videos that will help you catch up:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZeek85Kuka323zlic222qYv7unSTrtWG

Now, the reason why I created this topic is that, as I've had conversations with people like @Wally_AMD and @GreatnessRD the original MW2 (2009) 

header.jpg

Was absolutely a Game Changer and a pivoting point for the modern shooters of today. I know personally, I have HUGE nostalgia glasses when I think of MW2 but it really was such an intrinsic game for so many people.

Reading through as much information as I have been able to find and watching the videos. I feel that they have done quite a good job at paying appropriate homage to the original game, with the few learnings that the past 11/12 years have provided. I'm definitely looking to purchase MW2 (as long as I do end up getting a PC upgrade I am planning), but I will be weary.

I LOVED MW2, I left during the Black Ops period and haven't looked back at the COD franchise other than the most recent Modern Warefare, because it promised a return to the original MW2 roots, it did not deliver.

So, are you looking forward to the new MW2?
Did you play the original MW2?
What are your thoughts?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
23 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I might look at buying it when it goes on a decent sale, but I'm not a die hard shooter kind of person. I see the appeal. I wasn't playing too many games around the time the original launched, so I don't quite have the connection I know so many people have with it. 

I haven't played a Call of Duty game since Black Ops 4, if we don't count Warzone. If I get to try it out at a friend's house and it feels good I will probably buy it, but I am still not sold on the Call of Duty annual release cadence they have that innevitably phases out good games. 

In conclusion I hope it is amazing. I hope people get from it what they got from the original. I hope Modern Warfare is brought back and they just keep making terrific titles. I also hope they don't bury Modern Warfare 2, like they buried so many other titles, by releasing a new Call of Duty every year. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

As you already know, I played the original MW 2 (and MW) a TON when it came out. It's one of those games (similar to Halo) that bring back a bunch of fun memories with friends. 

One of my buddies who I played MW 2 with back in the day said he's planning on getting this one, so I'm going to wait to see what he thinks of it before I decide to snag it. (He was also my guinea pig for Battlefield 2042 and look how that turned out 😅 [he regrets it]).

KeyJ_1-1663345032203.gif

I may or may not have played the BF2042 Closed BETA and still kept my pre-order, what are you saying about me ey @Wally_AMD ? 😛

I do agree with you on this one, I will wait to buy it AFTER release. 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

uhoh.gif

Well, y'know... I heard 2042 got a little better... 😅

0 Likes
FederaluL
Adept III

Personally I wouldn't spend a cent on a game run by companies who only care about making dough. 

Game is full of cheaters, end of.

Activision & Call of Duty got to the point where they just ban anyone on social media trying to expose Streamers that are cheating (check out Call Of Shame on Youtube) and still allows those streamers on the platform (even invited them to try the new game in L.A. few days ago, where most of them just showed the world how rubbish they actually are at the game).

So why support a company that doesn't care about the community as long as they keep the profit coming? 

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502
0 Likes
Jayzer3cat
Adept I

Will FSR 2.0 or 2.1 be implemented into MW2?

5900X, 6900XT, 32GB 3600cl14, 4TB sn850
0 Likes
FederaluL
Adept III

Game is full of cheaters and Activision & Call of Duty behave like some money grabbers that only care about their big pockets. They even invited most of the Streamers that are 100% cheating to the Launch Lan event where they only proved how bad they are at the game.

Why would anyone spend any money with any of these companies? 

Oh, and instead of accepting there's a problem and trying to find a solution for it (Streamers cheating in the game and making fortunes out of it + all other players cheating) they block anyone who exposes cheaters on social media - Twitter, Facebook, etc -> see Call Of Shame (and others) on Youtube.

unnamed.jpg

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502
0 Likes
FederaluL
Adept III

Game is full of cheaters and Activision & Call of Duty behave like some money grabbers that only care about their big pockets. They even invited most of the Streamers that are 100% cheating to the Launch Lan event where they only proved how bad they are at the game.

Oh, and instead of accepting there's a problem and trying to find a solution for it (Streamers cheating in the game and making fortunes out of it + all other players cheating) they block anyone who exposes cheaters on social media - Twitter, Facebook, etc -> see Call Of Shame (and others) on Youtube.

0 Likes
FederaluL
Adept III

0 Likes
FederaluL
Adept III

unnamed.jpg

0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

So,

I jumped on and played this weekend, I have to say that overall I am quite impressed. I mean it definitely was a much better experience than the 2042 BETA at least.

If you want, here is my first ever round of MW2 at stock settings with no commentary:

I feel like they did a good job returning the game's " feel " to earlier COD titles, such as the original MW2 (2009). I'm happy that they removed some things from MW/Warzone 2019 - like slide cancelling (👀 on you @Amber_AMD ) 😛 

I had a ton of fun with the drill charge and actually did not mind that you aren't displayed on the Mini-Map when shooting an unsuppressed weapon.

I'm not going to buy it on release myself, not because I don't think it will be fun, but because I already have so many games on the go and am hopeful that it is going to port to GamePass soon, as I am planning to buy game pass.

Did anyone else check out the BETA this weekend? What were your thoughts?

----------

Thanks for the insight! From what I've seen so far, it looks pretty good. I don't think it will be an immediate pickup for me (unless some of my buddies pick it up on release), but it's definitely still on my radar.

Maybe if we all eventually get it, we can get some games in! @Amber_AMD; @Key-J; @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be great.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I played beta and Game is good. I did play search and destroy (6v6) most and I like that mode, Two games I did win 1v5 and feel was great. There is mode like battlefield 32v32 with tanks, armored vehicles, helicopters and that mode is big mess. Graphics are nice, game is realistic and its hard to survive because damage needed for takedown is low and in my opinion that is good but price is big and |search and destroy| mode should have option to have more players in game like old CoD MW-2007. Now I wait for Warzone2.

I was strictly a team deathmatch/ground war kind of player. The pressure of S&D was too much for me 😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

In start I played TDM too but soon it was boring and I started S&D and it was hard I played against veterans and skill gap was big but I like challange and competition. CoD MW-2007 was amazing and I did love sniper missions most.

0 Likes

I was just having this exact conversation with friends the other day, COD games for me are about fun and no-pressure games that I can take lots of stupid risks with. The pressure of S&D is way too much for me.

Why weren't you around for that conversation Wally?

KeyJ_0-1664232665247.gif

----------
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That pressure and pain in start will kill fun but I did find satisfaction when all players try their best and match is intense.

0 Likes

Oh, y'know... somewhere in the background...

0 Likes
FederaluL
Adept III

Personally I wouldn't spend a penny on any Activision - Call Of Duty games. Warzone is full of cheaters and looks like neither of the responsible companies care. Instead they're protecting the Scum of the earth Streamers that are 100% cheating just so they promote the game. 

Also Activision & Call Of Duty got to the point of blocking those that are trying to raise awarness by exposing those Streamers cheating on all social media sites - see Call Of Shame on Youtube.

Bunch of greedy crooks both companies.

Oh, and MW2 had cheats available from day 1 the beta was released on pc.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

And I just wanted the original CoD (the one still made with Quake 3 engine) to get a nice steam promo. Its so expensive still...

But I digress here. Sorry. I only played the first modern warfare and the original CoD 1 and 2.

The Englishman
FederaluL
Adept III

I wouldn't spend a penny on a game full of cheaters as MW.

Activision & COD support the streaming cheaters, FACT!

0 Likes
FederaluL
Adept III

Sorry guys, there was some problem with the forum (my replies were showing as posted but not visible) therefore ended up with so many replies on here. cannot delete them 🙂

0 Likes