Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Mark Your Calendar for the "together we advance_gaming" livestream

Screenshot 2022-10-21 100613.jpg

Happy Friday, Red Team!

Mark your calendar and join us on November 3 at 4 p.m. ET for “together we advance_gaming”, a Livestream premiere to unveil the next generation of AMD graphics!

Tune in to the AMD YouTube channel and sign up for an email reminder.

[UPDATE]

Hi Red Team! Get ready for the unveil, you can watch it here:

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
24 Replies
PersonaFPS
Adept II

So excited for this!

Key-J
Paragon

KeyJ_0-1666367728910.gif

Now I just need to explain to my boss that I need an extra long lunch that day... and a bonus.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I'll be heading to work when the stream goes live, but I'll definitely watch it Friday morning when I get in. Very excited to see what the 7000 series has to offer. Can't wait.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Since we have Ryzen 7000 series for CPUs, wouldn't it make sense for the GPUs to be RX 8000 series? Odd number for CPU, and even numbers for GPUs just sounds like a good naming scheme. I am super excited to see what we have coming. I will be definitely clearing some time to watch it live.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

I need to call out from work to watch!

....oh wait. 😆

marinesquirel
Adept III

I want to see it but I literally have midterms during the event. 😕

he he

he hehe he

Weber462
Challenger

hell yes.  As a coincidence I have day off work.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

"Live in 5 hours" folks! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I absolutely can't wait! See you all there!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I'll be watching. 😎🤑

Key-J
Paragon

See you guys in the comment section!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
rtbh99
Challenger

im gonna be at work....

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Likes

So am I.

KeyJ_0-1667497112923.gif

----------
Key-J
Paragon

FgqlfKrUAAA92CU.jfif

InsidiousAppropriateBellsnake-max-1mb.gif

----------
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

LOL! I'm sure you've enjoyed the unveil! Tell us, what did you like most about the stream? 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Ok,

First of all, let's talk about price. Coming in at under $1000USD MSRP - WOW.

That is about $1,300 CAD for the 7900XTX compared to a certain competitor at $2,099 CAD.

Then there is the HYPR-RX technology, which is so nice to have as a QOL feature. Being able to quickly and efficiently change those settings.

Also, the fact that Radeon is specifically designing the card with encoding and decoding in mind to help streamers and content creators. Bravo!

Finally, I love the fact that they specifically made it easy to upgrade. No need to change cases, no need to change PSUs - less likely to catch fire 😉

----------
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Excited for FSR 3 and HYPR-RX technology

Weber462
Challenger

NICE!!!   Great price point!  AMD will take alot of market share this gen. Cant wait to get one.  

Youareanerd
Adept I

Hell yes!  Where can I preorder?  I need a waterblock.  Let’s do this.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I'm so jealous of everyone who got to attend. I can't wait to see the 7800 XT price and performance. I mean if I saved longer, I could get the 7900 XTX for what I paid for my 6800 XT, scalper prices, but I really don't think I will have that much for about a year. Either way I am stoked to see how well the XTX variant performs compared to the RTX 4090. It amazes me that technology has gotten so advanced over the last 10 years.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Alright! I did wind up getting up early to watch the the live stream, but until now couldn't post my thoughts. I thought the reveal was really nice. The reference cards look god tier. Super clean and I love everything about them. Shocked at the sticker price and I think AMD is holding back a little juice for the AIB models. Even though both cards are out of my price bracket, it should be a fun time for all those are who are to get one.

@Sam_AMD  Don't know if you're able to drop any info on this, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Does AMD plan to sell the reference model throughout the year as they've done the 6000 series? I know normally AMD and Nvidia usually sell their reference models for a set period of time and then stop. Will they continue the trend born from the Covid Era to keep the reference models sold on AMD.com? These cards look really, really nice.

Can't wait to see more in-depth analysis about Hyper-RX and the updated FSR 3. With the prices of the halo cards, gives me enthusiasm for the price points of the 7800 XT and non XT versions. Job well done to AMD, Red Team and all involved. Salute! 💥 

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

More info on the RX 7000 series from AMD here:

0 Likes

Oh man,  Im sorry.  Creating a whole account to come troll must have been difficult.  Maybe to relieve stress you should try a walk?  Try a new hobby?  Read your posts.  Why spend the time on on a message board just to start fights?  There is a whole world of interesting things to discover: don't spend your time being caught in this negativity spreading feedback loop.  Its a waste of time.