cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Living in a digital world

Hello y'all!

If you had to live in the world of the last game you played, what world would it be?

The last game I played was Forza 5 (last night), so I suppose I'd be living in Mexico, or at least Forza's version of it. Not too shabby. 😎

xqb2iuozv0f81.jpg

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
14 Replies
tenzo23
Elite

Waiting to explore the world of Arkesia in Lost Ark, but

Screenshot 2022-02-11 152719.jpg

...which is today.

/sig Fun guy.
Key-J
Paragon

Well, I definitely don't want to live in the world of the last game I just played. Since that would bring about World War 3.

However, if I had to choose a world to live in - it would be the world of Pokemon.

It just seems like such a cool world, and most importantly you don't have to be the hero (someone like Ash) to live an amazing life there. 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

LOL Key J. Yeah, I wouldn't want to live in a world like the first one you mentioned either. xD

Pokemon does seem like a chill world (at least, post Arceus).

@tenzo23 I was thinking of checking out Lost Ark - curious about your thoughts once you're able to log on and play.

---
Ashley

Same here @tenzo23 i would love to get your opinion on it. Seems super popular, and I'll be interested to find out how a full MMO plays with an isometric projection

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
rockmuncher
Adept II

Last game I played was Age of Empires 2, so it wouldn't be too different from what our world was about 600 years ago. It would be a hard life, but probably one where I could be content.

Now if I had to live in the civilization I was commanding, that would be pretty unpleasant, considering the constant raiding from all those Bulgarian horsemen.

Do any of you play non-digital games regularly? Board games, tabletop RPGs, historical or fantasy wargames? What about that, how would you be in those worlds? I'd be a millionaire real estate developer from playing New York 1901.

tenzo23
Elite

@Ashley_AMD @Key-J 

Really enjoying it so far! Keeps my attention lol

I started with a Female Gunslinger (heard she was good for solo) but I'm definitely going to try the other classes after I get through the basics.

Gameplay is fun and the quest system makes it easy to learn and level up easily. The best part, I think are the attack skills and PVE action, even at beginner levels, you don't feel like a noob.

Graphics look nice and it runs great on my old RX580 4GB at 1440p.

So yah, I'll probably be spending a lot of time in Arkesia! 😀

Selfie_20220212_Ceste_001.jpgScreenshot_220212_125209.jpg

/sig Fun guy.

Looks and sounds great, thanks for sharing! I'm curious about the bunny in the second photo - a companion animal of some sort?

---
Ashley

@Ashley_AMDYah you get a free white bunny pet during the prologue that loots for you! You can add pet enhancements from the store, but I haven't bought anything yet.

/sig Fun guy.

0 Likes
filinux
Elite

Another great forum starter topic from the folks here!! 

What a time for me to restart the Witcher 3  a couple of days ago! 🙂

Somehow "I am FiLiNuX of Ohio, school of the Tech Nerd" doesn't have the same cool ring as "I am Geralt of Rivia, school of the Wolf".  

Games are such a wonderful challenge & small escape from the normal day to day, contemplating the "what ifs" adds to the fun. 

Thank you @filinux ! 😀

Now *that* would be quite the world to live in! The Witcher games are so immersive - definitely one of my favorite things about the series.

---
Ashley
0 Likes

Well, it's a tough one to answer. There is Half Life 2, WoW, GW2 and Eve Online...all of which have unique worlds I wouldn't really want to live in, but I loved to play in. Then we have COD, Battlefield, FEAR, Far Cry...some of the FPSs I've played but, again, I wouldn't want to live there. 

And to answer the question, the last game I played for hours, days,...months, and beyond was World of Warplanes by Wargaming. So I guess I'll be in a dog-fighting, heart-pumping, high (and low) flying world filled with folks looking to shoot me down! 😆

But if I could choose the world to live in, it would have to be the world of Hitman. Good old Agent 47 travelled to some of the most beautiful places around the world. From exotic rooftops of major skyscrapers, villas, penthouses, museums to tropical islands, festivals, and high-tech labs, well, if you played it you know what I mean...

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

You're absolutely right, the world of Hitman is beautiful - and Agent 47 has visited some amazing places. Let's just hope that you are either a) Part of the Agent program if you live in that world, or b) Done nothing that your require a visit from an Agent 😉

----------

I just grabbed XCOM 2 on steam for 3€ let me see how much of that digital world is a mess.

The Englishman