cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Labor Day Weekend LAN party at Big Al Computers

We hosted a LAN party at Big Al Computers on 01 September 2024, and it was lots of fun.  We had the latest build (Wine-Cool) on the network and we gave away lots of cool stuff - a complete gaming computer, a 4K 32-inch monitor and an MSI Armor RX580 video card. In total there were fifteen people, with eleven of them gaming. Ten out of eleven gaming computers were in constant use throughout the event. Perhaps we should host a holiday LAN party at the end of the year? Everyone said yes!

The grand prize was a 2017 build called Ryzen-Sun; it runs a water-cooled Ryzen 7 1800X CPU and a Vega water-cooled GPU.The grand prize was a 2017 build called Ryzen-Sun; it runs a water-cooled Ryzen 7 1800X CPU and a Vega water-cooled GPU.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
5 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Your LAN parties always seem like fun. I hope everyone had a good time. Did you have giveaways again?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I gave away a complete Ryzen 1800X gaming system, a 4K 32 inch monitor and an MSI Armor RX580 video card.  All used of course but still working well.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

That is awesome. The winners will definitely enjoy those. The RX580 is still great for most titles, and a 4k display is just awesome.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Always appreciate you sharing your LAN party recaps, BigAl! Sounds like you all had a great time, as always.

Any grilling/BBQing for this one? 😁

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

But of course!  My wife made a pot of chili (it was a hit) and I grilled a pack of chicken.  Her deviled eggs always go quickly too.

BBQ sauce on chicken worked well.BBQ sauce on chicken worked well.

0 Likes