cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

symakhan
Journeyman III

Is AMD best for gaming? Which company makes better graphics cards, Nvidia or AMD?

Hey Guys

Have you heard about AMD? Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) is an American multinational semiconductor company based in Santa Clara, California that develops computer processors and related technologies for business and consumer markets. Its main products include microprocessors, motherboard chipsets, embedded processors, and graphics processors for servers, workstations, personal computers, and embedded systems applications. I want to invest in some of the products they offer, but I have some questions. Hope I will get my answer from this platform.

Is AMD best for gaming? Which company makes better graphics cards, Nvidia or AMD?

Is the AMD processor bad on a laptop? What is your review of AMD Ryzen?

Which one is good, Intel Corei or AMD Ryzen? Where can I find coupons for AMD? Is there any official website for that?

Looking forward to helpful suggestions. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Replies

First that depends on the User's experience with either AMD or Nvidia or Intel.

Second all have Pros and Cons when it comes to gaming or running certain apps or their hardware.

Third AMD & Nvidia both have features that are similar or the same concerning their GPU cards.

Fourth is both AMD & NVIDIA creates good and bad Graphic drivers. But in Nvidia case just about all their drivers are WHQL that comes out while AMD's are not. AMD comes out with WHQL at lot less frequently than their Optional or BETA drivers.

fifth as far as comparing Intel with AMD. Again both have their Pros and Cons. At one time Intel was the premier CPU maker but AMD has come a long way in being almost or at Par with Intel CPUs now. In many respects AMD CPUs are better than Intel.

symakhan
Journeyman III

Hey Guys

I posted about AMD technologies. I asked a few questions, and the response was great. Thanks for all your thoughts and opinions. It’s really helpful to learn more about AMD and get feedback from the community. As promised, here is a quick update on my research.

1) I talked to a few gamers and looked back on previous performance data. Overall, Nvidia tends to be the better choice for gaming as they have more powerful graphics cards. That said, AMD still has some good options that are more budget-friendly and can provide decent gaming experiences.

2) I looked into AMD’s Ryzen processor series, which seems to be a good option for laptops. It provides decent performance while keeping power consumption low. The Ryzen 5 model is especially popular with laptop users as it offers good speed and multitasking capabilities.

3) Ultimately, this is a matter of preference. Intel Corei processors tend to be more powerful and provide better performance in gaming and other tasks that require intensive computing power. However, AMD Ryzen processors are generally more affordable and offer good multitasking capabilities.

4) Unfortunately, there is no official website for AMD coupons. However, you can often find discounts and promotional codes on third-party websites offering discounts for technology products. Additionally, some retailers may have their own exclusive deals on certain AMD processors or laptops. Some special deals I found are:

https://amd.knoji.com/promo-codes/

https://www.retailmenot.com/coupons/amd

https://www.coupongot.com

0 Likes