cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

I'm looking at buying a new graphics card but I'm not sure which one

I am currently running a ryzen 5 3600 and 5500 xt 4gb 16 gigs of RAM and a 600 watt power supply but I'm not sure what is a perfect match for my ryzen 3600 when it comes to playing Ark survival evolved in single player I'm not sure if anyone can help me let me know which one might be a decent graphics card for an upgrade for my ryzen 3600 let me know it would be nice to know I'm not really sure myself cuz a lot of the bottleneck calculator to tell him I'm getting bottlenecks if I go with any newer graphics cards.

7 Solutions
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Your PC already meets/exceeds the ARK: Survival Evolved system requirements.

Are you looking to play the game at a higher resolution (1440p, 4k?) and higher graphics settings?

If you're looking to play games and do general tasks at 1440p then I recommend the 6700 XT, it would pair nicely with your CPU and 16 GB RAM

View solution in original post

This Review site give its best GPUs for the Ryzen 5 3600 processor: https://rigorousthemes.com/blog/best-gpu-for-ryzen-5-3600/

This  Review site gives  similar GPUs for the Ryzen 3600: https://www.gamingcutter.com/best-graphics-card-for-ryzen-5-3600/

This Review site give similar but more Med to High end powerful GPUs for the Ryzen 3600: https://www.gamingsilk.com/graphics-cards/best-gpu-for-ryzen-5-3600/

Before you purchase or update your GPU card you need to know whether your PSU will be strong enough to support the new GPU card.

The RX6700XT according to AMD requires a minimum PSU of 650 Watts.

I would go to this PSU-GPU Website that gives good PSU minimum requirements for most of AMD and Nvidea GPU cards: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

See which GPUs will be properly powered with a 600 Watt PSU.

If all you do is gaming and you want to extend the life of your pc a little further without selling a kidney, I would do this for the next couple of years.

Get a 750 Watt PSU plus a 6700XT, then later on get an 5600X and you will squeeze maybe 2/3 more years.
The PSU will still be good for later, when you grab a new board/cpu and eventually still run a decent midrange card in the future.

Go bare minimum for now and get a 6600XT.
Start saving hard for the next big upgrade like AM5/DDR5

The Englishman

I have a bunch of like $600 to start off with I'm just trying to figure out if the 3060 or rx 6600xt rx 6600 and I know some of the old Andy graphics cards are not available anymore like the 5600 xt and the rx 5700 xt cuz I do have some other games that do tend to have problems with my current graphics card right now and one of them is Ai Shoujo with performance issues besides Ark survival evolved having some performance issues and general with my current graphics card this is more likely just for the future of my system and just trying to find out which ones considered probably more performance-wise it's good at gaming I'm not a overclocker either I just know my game in general.

If you are considering a nice and super budget upgrade, I believe the 6600XT would do nicely, marginally better than the 3060 and a marginally cheaper (at least where I live).

Its also marginally better than 5700XT and your PSU will handle it OK.

Don't forget to check PSU requirements from the AIB if you go that way. Some brands like ASUS RoG do pump things up a notch and may require a better PSU.

johnnyenglish_0-1650230560367.png

The Englishman

If you get more gpu than your ps can support you'll be subject to random shutdowns during periods of high load along with system instability issues.

lowteck
Miniboss

card x.JPG

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...

13 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Your PC already meets/exceeds the ARK: Survival Evolved system requirements.

Are you looking to play the game at a higher resolution (1440p, 4k?) and higher graphics settings?

If you're looking to play games and do general tasks at 1440p then I recommend the 6700 XT, it would pair nicely with your CPU and 16 GB RAM

This Review site give its best GPUs for the Ryzen 5 3600 processor: https://rigorousthemes.com/blog/best-gpu-for-ryzen-5-3600/

This  Review site gives  similar GPUs for the Ryzen 3600: https://www.gamingcutter.com/best-graphics-card-for-ryzen-5-3600/

This Review site give similar but more Med to High end powerful GPUs for the Ryzen 3600: https://www.gamingsilk.com/graphics-cards/best-gpu-for-ryzen-5-3600/

Before you purchase or update your GPU card you need to know whether your PSU will be strong enough to support the new GPU card.

The RX6700XT according to AMD requires a minimum PSU of 650 Watts.

I would go to this PSU-GPU Website that gives good PSU minimum requirements for most of AMD and Nvidea GPU cards: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

See which GPUs will be properly powered with a 600 Watt PSU.

If all you do is gaming and you want to extend the life of your pc a little further without selling a kidney, I would do this for the next couple of years.

Get a 750 Watt PSU plus a 6700XT, then later on get an 5600X and you will squeeze maybe 2/3 more years.
The PSU will still be good for later, when you grab a new board/cpu and eventually still run a decent midrange card in the future.

Go bare minimum for now and get a 6600XT.
Start saving hard for the next big upgrade like AM5/DDR5

The Englishman

I have a bunch of like $600 to start off with I'm just trying to figure out if the 3060 or rx 6600xt rx 6600 and I know some of the old Andy graphics cards are not available anymore like the 5600 xt and the rx 5700 xt cuz I do have some other games that do tend to have problems with my current graphics card right now and one of them is Ai Shoujo with performance issues besides Ark survival evolved having some performance issues and general with my current graphics card this is more likely just for the future of my system and just trying to find out which ones considered probably more performance-wise it's good at gaming I'm not a overclocker either I just know my game in general.

If you are considering a nice and super budget upgrade, I believe the 6600XT would do nicely, marginally better than the 3060 and a marginally cheaper (at least where I live).

Its also marginally better than 5700XT and your PSU will handle it OK.

Don't forget to check PSU requirements from the AIB if you go that way. Some brands like ASUS RoG do pump things up a notch and may require a better PSU.

johnnyenglish_0-1650230560367.png

The Englishman

If you get more gpu than your ps can support you'll be subject to random shutdowns during periods of high load along with system instability issues.

I agree with the 6600xt....a major step up w/o needing to upgrade your psu....I just saw an open box Asus for $313 at Micro Center....

My ASRock 5500 XT 4gb has the same power requirement of 500 w and so does the ASRock 6600 XT it seems to be to have the same wattage as 500 watts to run properly and I have a 600 W power supply already in my system so I'm probably going to go with the 6600 XT https://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon%20RX%206600%20XT%20Challenger%20D%208GB%20OC/#Specif...

Sorry if there's any misspelled words I'm currently using my phone to talk to you guys I'm personally dyslexic so it's hard for me to read people's comments but I'm using the Google Translate to read them.

lowteck
Miniboss

card x.JPG

and AMD was selling 6700XT's on their site for $479 !!!

currently out of stock...

lowteck
Miniboss

Let us know what you eventually get!

and how she performs!

Agree, curious about what you end up with!

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
Ekelekuele
Adept II

It's been a month now? How did it go??