cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Rx_Geezy54
Adept I

I Liquid Metal'd My Launch Day 6800 XT....and made a video about it!

Hey guys, long time lurker, sometimes poster Geezy here.  I just recently replaced the thermal paste on my waterblocked 6800 XT with liquid metal, and made a youtube video of it.  I'd appreciate it if you guys would check it out 😄

https://youtu.be/7T8Lx4cag6A

5 Replies

Those temps are amazing for a stress test. Awesome job very informative youtube video as well. 

John Staradumsky
AMD BYO Champion for Micro Center
Tyler992
Journeyman III

I wonder why oems don't use liquid metal or aftermarket equivalent Thermal compound right out of the box....

0 Likes

It's just way more expensive for OEM's to do it. They love cutting corners wherever possible, and if they can get thermal paste for couple cents compared to couple dollars, they are most definitely taking the cheaper option. Now there are some options that are starting to offer liquid metal, but only for the higher end/more expensive items unfortunately.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info in the vid! Also, it's not quite related, but Liquid metal takes the writing off of processors, doesn't it? I've seen some ryzen cpus recently on ebay that looked wiped.

XelaVo581
Adept II

saw the vid, poggers !

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts