cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

CeilYurei
Journeyman III

How to buy a 6900xt Reference

I want to buy a 6900xt reference card because they are the least expensive and I want to build a 5600x/6900xt gaming and streaming system that will last me several years, as I am low income and this is a huge expense, so i figure I might as well go big or go home, is there a way to get notifications a decent amount ahead of time before a restock?

0 Likes
5 Solutions
weenan
Adept I

Sadly not, but it seems like they restock the online store mostly on Thursdays.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Zuranthus
Adept I

Nope. And even if you spend hours every week spamming refresh, by the time you see the add to cart button it's already gone.
I've been trying every week for months and still can't get one. It's ridiculous.

0 Likes

Sadly, it is nearly impossible to buy a card directly from AMD. The only option you have at this point is to buy from a scalper. Best case, you find a gamer that is willing to pass on a card for a reasonable price. 

There is a chance that the market will start to cool off a little bit near July. Ethereum, the most prevalent currency mined by GPU's, will undergo some changes in July. It MAY result in a drop in profit for the miners. At that point, some miners will exit the business and sell their GPU rigs. The demand for GPU's could fall a little bit and the market will have more used GPU's to choose from. 

0 Likes

Sadly AMD didn't officially drop any GPUs this week anyways.

There's no clear advantage other than you have to monitor their Buy-Direct page on their website on Thursday mid-day & HOPE that they actually do a drop.  I wasted a chunk of my work-day time trying to buy one this past Thursday and they never dropped.

0 Likes

@ULockedMeOutofMyoldacct They actually dropped yesterday (Friday) but of course the website was broken and add to cart buttons didn't work.

0 Likes
8 Replies
weenan
Adept I

Sadly not, but it seems like they restock the online store mostly on Thursdays.

0 Likes
Zuranthus
Adept I

Nope. And even if you spend hours every week spamming refresh, by the time you see the add to cart button it's already gone.
I've been trying every week for months and still can't get one. It's ridiculous.

0 Likes

Sadly, it is nearly impossible to buy a card directly from AMD. The only option you have at this point is to buy from a scalper. Best case, you find a gamer that is willing to pass on a card for a reasonable price. 

There is a chance that the market will start to cool off a little bit near July. Ethereum, the most prevalent currency mined by GPU's, will undergo some changes in July. It MAY result in a drop in profit for the miners. At that point, some miners will exit the business and sell their GPU rigs. The demand for GPU's could fall a little bit and the market will have more used GPU's to choose from. 

0 Likes

Sadly AMD didn't officially drop any GPUs this week anyways.

There's no clear advantage other than you have to monitor their Buy-Direct page on their website on Thursday mid-day & HOPE that they actually do a drop.  I wasted a chunk of my work-day time trying to buy one this past Thursday and they never dropped.

0 Likes

@ULockedMeOutofMyoldacct They actually dropped yesterday (Friday) but of course the website was broken and add to cart buttons didn't work.

0 Likes

Oh...well, was hoping to  to get one for as little as possible.

0 Likes

Update: it seems they have improved the website a bit.
There is now captcha when adding to cart. Plus, I was finally able to make add to cart buttons work by deleting all cookies and then accepting all cookies, instead of only essential cookies.
Happy to report I finally managed to grab one today. Stock was up for 2+ minutes.

I am hoping for a Thursday drop

cross fingers

Bring it on AMD

0 Likes