cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Olemissrebel
Adept II

Free games on Epic

You can find free games on the Epic site, so check it often! Currently, Gods Will Fall is the free offering and another will be available on the 13th.. Cheers

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

30 Replies
kc5thelement
Adept I

I've gotten a ton of free games this way. Epic is not my fave storefront, but the free stuff is nice!

kc5thelement

me too 🙂

I agree, it isn't my fav. store experience. However, I do like the discounts and free games. Their launcher isn't terrible (though you do have to add it to the collection of all the other ones installed eg. steam, origin, etc.) either. 

Maybe I'm in the minority, and if so, that's okay. However, just because a company is going to give me free stuff doesn't mean I'm going to use it. It still has some of the same glaring issues it had when it first launched, yet for some reason, game companies continue to give it exclusive titles. "F- our customers", they say, "we get to keep more money."

I was gifted  Borderlands 3 on Epic by a friend for Christmas 2019. I bought it on Steam the day it became available. The storefront is bad, and every publisher releasing exclusives on there should feel bad.

Roger0072
Adept II

Yeah I had a Google reminder to remind me daily during their 12 days of free games event. Glad they are still doing it although it's back to weekly again

m888
Adept I

Appreciate this, I forgot Epic had their own thing. Free games are sweet!

XelaVo581
Adept II

Thanks for reminding me!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts
Likebrews
Adept II

I already have some EPIC games downloaded but don't play them much. I checked out the page and will try a few again. Thanks!!

AMD Ryzen R7 2700X on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max 64GB Corsair RGBPro RAM MSI Armor 8GB RX580 WD NV750 Black Creative xFi Fatality 7.1 Twin MSI Optix MAG27322CQR
ssaradpon
Adept I

Thanks!

Omnipro
Adept II

I already claimed this one, and added to my ever increasing backlog.

My Epic library is pretty big now with all the games they give away. 

Good service, and OK launcher, but they need to work on the interface a bit.

Bumping this up to add that Maneater is free on Epic until 6/16! If you like sharks and swimming around in the ocean, this game is perfect summer fun. 😂

giphy-downsized

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

Bean playing that Man Eater.  HEHEHE  Was shocked when I saw it was free.

Ryzen 9 5950X | 6950XT Liquid Devil | ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme | Team Force Dark Za 64GB (16GB x4) |Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB and 4TB |EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | One crazy cooling loop

The new free game was just announced I have no idea what it is but from the gameplay video, it looks like some fun!

supraland-main

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

There's no codes involved.  If you open the Epic Games launcher and scroll down on the main page you will find the current free game and what the game they will be giving away next week is.  Epic has a different game or games (yes, sometimes it's more than one, such as one was the entire Bioshock trilogy) that they give away each week.  Sometimes they tell you what it is in advance.  Sometimes they keep it a "mystery", though there are some people out there who will leak the games in advance when it's a mystery game.

Ryzen 9 5950X | 6950XT Liquid Devil | ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme | Team Force Dark Za 64GB (16GB x4) |Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB and 4TB |EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | One crazy cooling loop

why It is important to use the Redeem Code? Is there any specific benefit we can get after using it? please explain. 

Thanks

0 Likes

The current big-name free game on Epic Games is Fall Guys!

KeyJ_0-1656001861312.png

You can also download the Game of Thrones Board Game and Car Mechanic 2018

KeyJ_1-1656001930144.png

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

I think I've gotten every free game given out on the EGS so far

0 Likes

So far I believe I've got them all as well. Ya' know, I might be a Digital Hoarder. 😳

0 Likes

YAS thank you for the reminder @Olemissrebel ! Like many others here Epic is not my favorite storefront - primarily due to the UI, but I do love free games. 😂

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

Epics Great they've been giving out free games for years now, It was only suppost to last a year but its been going on for a few now since they pandemic 😛 

aroryborealis
Adept II

thanks for the heads up and/or reminder

Olemissrebel
Adept II

Galactic Civilizations III  <== new free game starting today!
Free Now - Jan 20 at 10:00 AM
Diptenkrom
Adept I

As tehy say if it s free it is for me! i have gotten a bunch of good games for free on there. it is good to check periodically for sure.

Olemissrebel
Adept II

New Epic Game:
Relicta            -- Free Now - Jan 27 at 10:00 AM 

The best I've managed to get have been star wars BF2 and then three free tomb raider games (around this last Christmas). That was pretty decent of them!
0 Likes

All of these games I've gotten free from Epic so far! Haven't reinstalled all of them yet since upgrading my PC.

But I actually found out about them through Slickdeals. Every once and awhile, I would see free digital downloads from Epic Games and I'd snatch up the ones I like!

Screenshot 2022-01-25 193451.jpg

/sig Fun guy.
Katitude
Adept I

Great way to build a game collection

0 Likes
tredeuce
Adept III

I have a ton of games on Epic, but have yet to play one.

KillyMcFletch
Journeyman III

Love the free game feed from Epic. Not a lot I am interested in, but the price is right!

Nice call out, thank you.

Olemissrebel
Adept II

DAEMON X MACHINA  (supposedly a free $49.99 game) - I'm going to check it out.
Free  on Epic now - Feb 03 at 10:00 AM