Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Kamen_Kaiju
Adept I

first AMD GPU

IMG_4820.jpg

It's working well. Didn't have any issues using DDU or installing the AMD drivers (former Nvidia 4070). The system did go black screen when installing the Adrenaline software, on both my screens. I let it sit for about 5 minutes to see if it resolved than restarted the system (held in power button). It started up and everything seems to be working fine.

The Adrenaline software is nice, as is the performance overly. Nicer than Nvideas offering.

I put my 4070 up for sale and think I'm going to get the 7900 XTX now that I have the drivers installed and know that AMD GPU seems to be working well.

All in all pretty impressed. I've used AMD CPU's for years and years, but this is the first time I tried one of their GPUs. So far I'm really liking it.

4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Can only wish you the best.

Why did you gave up on the 4070?

The Englishman
Kamen_Kaiju
Adept I

I only bought it for ray tracing and DLSS.3 and it still wasn't strong enough to make Cyberpunk 2077 look awesome. I guess I need a 4090 for that. But I'm not paying $1,700. for a GPU.

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Welcome to the Red Team! Anytime I see a new build, I'm always so envious of how clean it looks. Great job here. I'm hoping to put together a new rig by the end of the year myself, so hopefully I'll be able to share some nice pictures and document the journey as well!

that's kind of a test build. my 'real' build is all pieces in boxes, I'm just waiting for the 5800X3D I bought on Prime Day to arrive then I can start building my new build.

Excited, it'll be my first AMD CPU and GPU build. I always use AMD CPU but never used their GPU's until yesterday. So far I'm impressed. I want to get the 7900XTX now.