cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

anthon
Adept I

Fans not spinning, help!

Hi, I am new to the forums. If this the wrong place to post my problem please direct me to best place.

I have a Vega 56 Saphire and it has been pretty good. But lately it has under performed and I believe it is because the fans do not seem to start. The temp goes up very quickly and I do not hear the fans come on. When I switch to Radeon software the fans stay at 650 rpm. Pretty sure that is not right.

I recently installed appCenter for my Gigabyte bios to try to overclock the cpu but I do not use it, besides im sure this problem started before then. Should I uninstall that?

Anywaty is there something im missing. I am aware that I can set the minimum temp etc for each particular game. I basically only play COH2 and try to set the fans there and still no good.

Does anyone have any good suggestions to get my fans going again? Yes, I checked the cables inside.

Thanks,

Anthony

0 Likes
4 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

you can set a custom fanprofile in AMD driver
dont use Gigabytes Appcenter if you want to overclock
either do this in Bios, RyzenMaster or with ZenStates
also please install latest driver - one older version had a bug that sounded like your problem

20.4.2 should be latest now

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

I have reinstalled to 20.4.2 after uninstall.

pastedImage_1.png

As you can see, I have adjusted fan tuning to kick in to nearly 50% which is much faster than 640rpm. The fan just stays at this speed no matter the temp.

Im at a loss.

0 Likes

Oh, there is a global tuning that was set to auto. I changed this to manual and it worked. You have to change the global one , the game specific one doesnt seem to work?

0 Likes

Thanks for replying!