cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Fallout New Vegas Closing

I am about half way through my first Fallout New Vegas play though, including all the DLC. Is there any way to make it stop closing randomly? I have faced this issue for about 50 hours of playing. It closes during load screens, and freezes from time to time.

In an effort to keep the game feeling like a vanilla play through, I have tried using the script extender with the stutter removing mod only. I also used the 4gb patcher. I have tried using compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 3. I have tried tweaking some ini entries. Nothing seems to stop these random closes. 

All of my drivers are up to date, and this is the only game in my library that I am faced this kind of issue.

I have tried GOG, Epic, and Steam versions of the game. I couldn't get the Epic Games version to go past the first cut scene before you wake up in the doc's house. GOG and Steam needed a d3d9.dll file dropped into the install folder to get past this point. The dll didn't effect the Epic Games version.

A friend of mine has told me he has had zero issues with his RTX 20 series GPU. This leads me to believe it may be more of an issue with the Radeon RX 7000 series.

Any suggestions to fix stability would be very much appreciated.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
0 Replies