cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Do you have a dream/wish list game or game style?

Have you ever been sitting playing a game, and a little thought pops into your head which says something like: "Oh man, I love this game but I wish it had this/was a little more like this/didn't have this?"

Or have you ever wanted to build your own game? If so - what would that game be, or what style would that game have? Who knows, maybe someone will suggest a game to try that meets your wishes.

I've always wanted to play a game that was based in a Ninja/Samurai Japan time period but the game was a MMORPG style similar to that of World of Warcraft. You would pick a class and train and grow it over time, under an MMORPG style. 

Ninja_Gaiden_%282004_video_game%29+World_of_Warcraft=?

Another one that I think would be super fun is a full sandbox survival-ish pirate game. Something that would combine the overall style of Sea_of_thieves_cover_art with the survival elements of 489635-272x380 and the Fort/Town NPC elements of Assassin%27s_Creed_IV_Black_Flag 

What about you? Anything you are dying to play?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
5 Replies

Oooo, great topic! I've got a LOT to say about this. Grab some popcorn. 😂

Ever since I was a kiddo I've been a huge fan of animals, and it quickly seeped into my love of gaming. I've mentioned this before, but I spent countless hours playing any animal game I could get my hands on, which are sadly few. My first adventures with such games was Gallop Racer on the Playstation back in the late 90s. Then I picked up a PC game called Petz (I will forever have this installed on my PC as long as it will run and even have a website dedicated to it LOL), and eventually found browser-based games that matched my interests (like this one, sadly no longer active, or this one, which is).

So yeah - I've always wanted a decent animal-related, "realistic", competition based game, specifically revolving around dogs or horses. I realize that it's super niche though so I totally understand why more games that meet this criteria haven't been created lol. 

What would I like to see specifically? The game Rival Stars Horse Racing has most of the elements that I'd like to see in such a game. Specifically: decent/good graphics, a breeding mechanic that takes genetics into account, and of course, the competition component. The only thing this particular game *doesn't* have that I'd like to see is more variety in competition. Racing is great, but I'd have a lot of fun with other equestrian events, too.

Also, I'd like to see a game that has more detailed stats. For example, Rival Stars currently only has 6 stats (speed, sprint energy, acceleration, distance, track surface, and position) and it would be fun to have even more to have to take into consideration - just to make it more complex and challenging, not only with competing, but also with breeding/genetics. There are other games attempting this currently, namely Equestrian the Game(only on mobile currently😭) which is not available in NA yet so I haven't gotten to try it out. Soon though! 

So yep. That's basically my dream game. 😁

Edited to add: you really nailed it with the labels, @Key-J ! I think we may need a "Label Expert" badge, @Sam_AMD . 😄

Ashley_AMD_0-1651526250751.png

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

@Ashley_AMD wrote:

Oooo, great topic! I've got a LOT to say about this. Grab some popcorn. 😂

giphy

You're right, it is a bit of a niche but little niches can encompass a ton of people when you consider global populations. I absolutely love how passionate you are about this, and you can clearly tell you have put previous thought into this.

I was watching your Petz video and I totally remember having that virtual Pet on my desktop when I was younger and we had the "Family Computer" hahahaha. I completely forgot about it, this brought back some memories!

Have you reached out to Rival Stars and requested the other equestrian events? You never know what a well worded letter might do 🙂

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

@Key-J wrote:

You're right, it is a bit of a niche but little niches can encompass a ton of people when you consider global populations. I absolutely love how passionate you are about this, and you can clearly tell you have put previous thought into this.

Have you reached out to Rival Stars and requested the other equestrian events? You never know what a well worded letter might do 🙂

It's awesome you mentioned that because there's an entire community dedicated to fans like me called The Mane Quest! xD

Rival Stars has been working on additional events I think, but nothing solid quite yet. Fun fact: they use motion capture for the horse's movements. Short video here

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
jamesc359
Forerunner

It's been a while since I given serious thought to my ideal game. One idea I had was a cross between The Legend of Zelda and Elden Ring. Something that's more cheerful than the Elden Ring universe, but still has a nice blend of puzzles (with fewer gadgets than Zelda) and fighting that's set in medieval world with castles, dragons and other mythical creatures. The overall feel would be quite similar to The Princess' Bride - with dragons.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Oh wow! This is a really cool topic/question. I enjoyed reading your responses folks! From MMORPG and Castles, to Animals! Yay! 

I worked for a few game publishers in my career, and played thousands of games, and was lucky to be on a "greenlight" panel where, we, the product managers and executives had the chance and responsibility to select and fund new games (IPs). 

Having seen/tested and played numerous games, I always found myself playing FPS - in my opinion, FPS are the best, and playing them on PCs is a must! (Wait, I like MMOs too). 

The game I'd love to play one day is a new/modern AAA FPS based on the movie Blade Runner. I'd love to get into that world and hunt replicas while exploring the immersive universe that made the movie/story so successful. The game will have to have a MP mode where gamers can be cops or replicas, and a co-op mode. The world will have to feature the original soundtrack, weather, cities, all the characters and vehicles in a photorealistic fashion. The story, which is the very backbone of the game, must be based on the book "Do Androids Dream" and slowly fade/tie to the story behind the first Blade Runner movie. Needless to say, the game must include all the high-tech FPS features we have today (i.e., ultra graphics, lighting, ray-tracing, realistic sound-fx, all-you-can-eat weapons and customizations, vehicles, armor, special tools (grappling hook), climbing, etc.) built on a powerful, physics-based game engine. Having said that, I feel the most important key feature of the game should be the story - that's it! If done right, the game can and should yield a franchise for all generations to enjoy. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT