Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

axonn
Adept I

Black screen during amd driver install

Hi guys, 

I just set up my brand new desktop pc - brand new meaning the parts have arrived today. Everything went smooth untill the driver install for the gpu - at 70-80% black screen and won't recover. 2 windows reinstalls, dunno how many DDU runs and not working... I don't know what to do.. Anyone who can help me?

PS : if I don't install the driver everything works fine - also the latest drivers I used - tryed with 20.2.2 and 20.3.1

System spec :

Motherboard : Asus tuf gaming X570 

Processor : Ryzen 7 3700x

RAM : CORSAIR DDR4 3600Mhz

GPU : Sapphire nitro+ RX 5700xt 

Power supply : corsair 80+ gold 650w

Thanks in advance for the help

0 Likes
2 Replies
gcabral08
Adept I

I have the same issue. I was told by AMD support that is a hardware problem, but I don't think so. I have a PowerColor RedDragon RX 5700 xt. Don't know what to do anymore. One guy told to change from AUTO to PCIe 3 on the BIOS and update BIOS. I did that, didn't work.

0 Likes
axonn
Adept I

Hey guys, 

Thank you for your reply. I am waiting currently for an 850w power supply and I will give a feedback.

Bryannitro, yes it had the wraith cooler on it, but now it has the aio cooler (I was waiting to arrive and I wanted to test it). All chipset, bios it's up to date and I did not update the windows (network unplugged). Unfortunatly I don:t have another graphics card as I was using a laptop till now. But I will give a feedback tomorrow how everything goes.

Thank you all again for the support, opinions, ideas and feedback  

0 Likes