Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

AMD is Starfield’s Exclusive PC Partner | AMD News

2c59dfad-3277-492d-88e3-b4540d4c10e4.jpg

AMD is proud to announce that we are Bethesda's exclusive PC partner for the next-generation role-playing game, Starfield. Watch this special announcement video to learn how AMD and Bethesda are working together to bring the galaxy to all players this September.

About Starfield

Starfield is the first new universe in over 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. In this next generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom as you embark on an epic journey to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.

In the year 2330, humanity has ventured beyond our solar system, settling new planets, and living as a spacefaring people. You will join Constellation – the last group of space explorers seeking rare artifacts throughout the galaxy – and navigate the vast expanse of space in Bethesda Game Studios’ biggest and most ambitious game.

AMD is the exclusive PC partner for Starfield, promising to deliver the most complete PC gaming experience in the galaxy. We cannot wait to explore the universe with you this September.

Ready to learn more? You can check out all the details and pre-order here

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
5 Replies
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I'm sure AMD is proud of the exclusivity deal.  But, for consumers, exclusivity deals suck.

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

What does this mean though? Not available if you're running an Intel system or just AMD optimized?

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Does this mean the title won't support Nvidia powered systems, or features specific to Nvidia systems like DLSS?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

From what I've been reading they wont support AI frame generation like DLSS. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Even though I saw one of the quotes says optimized for the 7000 series GPUs and CPUs, I'm still hoping some of those optimizations will trickle down to us 5000 and lower folks! Starfield is definitely a game that isn't usually in my wheel house, but I'm still excited to try it out on launch.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes