cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 Out Now!

Heya, Red Team

We’re back again with some more exciting FidelityFX Super Resolution 2 (FSR 2) news! First and foremost, FSR 2.1 is now available for developers and has already been included in the latest game update to Farming Simulator 22.

What is the difference between FSR 2.0 and FSR 2.1? Well, the TL; DR is that FSR 2.1 is designed to provide additional improvements to upscaling image quality over FSR 2.0, reducing issues such as ghosting or shimmering.

In other awesome news, we mentioned back in August that some FSR announcements would be made at Gamescom. In case you missed it, we announced 6 more games (both available and upcoming) that were added to the FSR 2-supported collection including Ghostwire: Tokyo, Saints Row, and Lies of P.

We’re happy to announce that the upcoming gaming catalog for FSR 2 support has expanded once again. This time, by 11 games increasing the current list to 45! Cyberpunk 2077, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Deep Rock Galactic are some of the new games to join the family (and you can check out the rest of the games below).

AMD FSR 2_45 available and upcoming games_4K_v3.jpg

If you’re interesting in trying out FSR 2 for yourself, then you’re in luck because Asterigos: Curse of the Stars has a free demo available now that supports FSR 2.

For an even deeper dive into the latest FSR 2 and FSR 2.1 news, you can read this detailed blog here.

As always, stay tuned for more exciting updates in the future!

8 Replies
Lothar1812
Journeyman III

Hi Walley,

Would it be possible if you upgrade the Unreal Engine plugin to UE5.1? When I try this Manuel, I get some errors. Even though UE5.1 is not officially released yet, you could take a look at it so we can find a solution together.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Will FSR 2.1 require a driver update?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Since FSR is a technology integrated by developers into a game (that helps deliver similar or better than native image quality and boosts framerates in supported games), it doesn't rely on our drivers in any way.

Good to know. I am excited to see how good FSR can get. Is FSR 2.1 only for RX 6000 series or is it available to everyone? FSR can provide huge uplifts in performance on older hardware. I am tempted to throw in my RX 5600 XT into my media pc to see how well it runs.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

Even though there is an incredible list of great games, I secretly love the fact that AMD uses Farming Simulator 22 to advertise FSR 😛

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Man I'm so happy to see more and more games implementing FSR. Can't wait to get Cyberpunk 2077 someday soon and play it with FSR enabled.

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
0 Likes

My eyes might cry tears of joy with those kind of graphics... 😂

0 Likes
Hoojib
Adept I

As a new Radeon 6800 XT user for the past weeks (first AMD card in over a decade, happy to have my all AMD system now!) I was very excited to see how far FSR had progressed vs DLSS. I've been lucky to try quite a few games this week, and played a lot of "Deathloop" today with FSR 2.0 on Quality, and Ray Tracing enabled, and super stoked to be getting very playable frametimes. 🙂   I tend to play a lot of Fortnite too though, and after having DLSS on the Nvidia side I was surprised to see Epic Games has not yet implemented FSR 2.0 (or even 1.0!) into the game. I've come to expect upscaling as an option is all games at this point LOL...especially with something as huge as Fortnite, do we have any idea when FSR 2.0+ may start showing up in those Unreal Engine games? I saw that the UE plug-ins for FSR 2.0 have been out, so I would have thought Fortnite might have been one of the first to get it as their test bed for all things UE.

Anyhow, really enjoying the new card right now, and finding AMD's approach to these upscaling technologies on OpenGPU refreshing after being on "the competition" for so long. 🙂 

0 Likes