cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

AMD confirms RDNA3 GPUs are indeed coming in 2022

Turning to 2022. Demand for our product is very strong, and we look forward to another year of significant growth and share gains as we ramp our current products and launch our next wave of Zen 4 CPUs and RDNA 3 GPUs. We have also made significant investments to secure the capacity needed to support our growth in 2022 and beyond.

— Dr. Lisa Su, CEO of AMD

11 Replies
dj4aces
Adept II

I saw that yesterday, including the bit about "satisfying demand". I really hope that's the case, but that it happens at reasonable prices, not the overly-inflated markups we see today.

I suppose we'll find out, but I'll keep my fingers crossed all the same.

0 Likes

That's the key: reasonable prices. And I hope that with more products available, used market and previous gen card drop their prices too...

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.
Key-J
Paragon

Very curious to see the new offerings of GPUs. Again, I think people are much more worried about supply issues, rather than getting those 2 extra frames.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes

I think people aren't worried that much about supply issues in particular... they're more worried about greedy crazy scalpers/miners who sweep the market clean and about ridiculously overpriced models in every single store, in general.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I usually build a new computer every year but with the shortage of video cards I was expecting to skip 2022.  Maybe in the fall I will see decent video cards in the $500 range?  Paying more makes my head hurt.  I don't do much gaming anymore due to wrist issues, so having a high-end video card isn't that important to me.

This build, using the Ryzen 7 5700 G that came out last year, has no video card and it does fine at 1080p.

AVPR-2_Aug2021_ (27) (Medium).jpgAVPR-2_Aug2021_ (6) (Medium).jpgAVPR-2_Aug2021_ (28) (Medium).jpg

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Nice rig!  Is that a cosmos case?  I doubt prices for high end stuff will improve much.  In fact, I expect to see even higher prices on "uber" parts.  But I've been hearing rumors that RDNA3 is going to be very fast.  I think AMD really wants the speed crown.  Sounds like it will likely beat Lovelace parts, or if it doesn't, it won't be behind by much and will be better about power consumption.  While the prices might still be higher than we like, the performance should be up pretty good as well, so the value may not be too bad of a proposition. 

Wait, @BigAl01 what games are you able to play without a dedicated GPU?

Something I noticed recently, if the RDNA 3 series cards are going to follow the current naming practice and be called AMD 7000 series cards, there is a hidden website already for it through AMD: 

KeyJ_0-1645207163209.png

https://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/7000

If you visit the site, you will get automatically redirected to the homepage - but the page has been crawled by Google so it exists

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

@dashtrash Yes, it's a Cooler Master Cosmos case.  Heavy of course but built solid.  With the solid side panels, onto which my son Tom painted the Alien and Predator creatures, you don't see much of the RGB lighting inside.  That's ok though, I know it's there.

@Key-J When I do play a game at one of our LAN parties, it's usually Team Fortress 2, which is free to play on Steam.  My favorite game of all time is a tie between Unreal Tournament and Quake III.  Yes, I'm getting up there in age.

Here's a flashback to a December 2009 LAN party:

Small LCD screens back in 2009.Small LCD screens back in 2009.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Man those were the days. Nothing like a bunch of buddies playing together. I loved Unreal Tournament. Especially Facing Worlds... There was something just incredibly perfect about that map.

----------
vialli100
Forerunner

The problem is, people have been paying the over inflated prices!

So while people are willing to buy, the prices will stay high!

If you don't need, don't buy..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Couldn't agree more!

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.